Technology Enablement and Automation Supervisor
Posted on Sep 22, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is seeking a Technology Enablement and Automation Supervisor. Technology Enablement and Automation Supervisor. Candidate will lead a multifunction team responsible for engineering capabilities which enable application deployments and ITSM practices. This role will also foster the adoption of a DevOps culture while supporting the organization in utilizing automation and CI/CD. In this role, you will engage with many other Technology teams, focusing on improving software development practices supporting overarching goals of quality, operational manageability, and infrastructure and deployment efficiency.
This position provides leadership for those involved in the development, design and optimization of one or more information technology and systems functions supporting company business processes and technical information systems platforms. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis, selection and modification of enterprise systems, application software, installation of network hardware/software and database management, preparation of budgets, schedules and feasibility studies. Provides direction for the effort required to protect the company's data, tools and information systems. May be involved in planning and coordinating all aspects of projects specific to their respective area of assignment. Utilizes subject matter knowledge of user group for practical application of system characteristics. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Provides leadership by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Sustains information systems results by defining, delivering, and supporting information systems; auditing application of systems.
- Assesses information systems results by auditing application of systems.
- Enhances information systems results by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing application strategies.
- Safeguards assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by determining service level required; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and activities in assigned areas. Maintains current contact information for all employees in applicable areas and communicates with non-recovery employees during a disaster.
- Fosters the highest level of commitment among our people through transparent communication about business challenges, successes and results.
- Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, take action and control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
- Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
- Experience leading a DevOps team and or DevOps transformation.
- Experience supporting a Service Management/ITIL suite of capabilities.
- Utilized CI/CD practices and associated tools.
- Leveraged technology to automate all the things.
- Typically requires bachelor's degree and 6 years of information technology or related experience (or equivalent such as 8 years of experience or master's degree and 4 years of experience) and 1 year of lead experience.