Posted on Sep 22, 2021 by Avance Consulting (Europe) Limited
Job description for the role of DevOps Engineer
Job Purpose and Primary Objectives:
- The DevOps Pipeline Engineer is responsible for assisting with the analysis, design and build of the DevOps processes and tool sets.
- The DevOps Engineer is responsible for providing input to the DevOps standards and workflows, configuration management functions associated with product releases and ensuring the integrity of the delivery standards.
- A Good understanding of DevOps
- Experience with modern source code management and software repository systems (Git, Bitbucket)
- Experience with programming languages (Python)
- Experience with Scripting languages (Shell, Groovy)
- Experienced with IaC (Ansible)
- Experience with API deployment for tooling integration
- Experience using Jenkins (Pipeline as Code, Shared Libraries)
- The ability to work independently as well as perform as part of a scrum team
- Strong customer service mindset
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical users
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with a strong desire to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to document exceptions/issues/action plans/meeting minutes/lessons learned accurately and in a timely fashion
- Ability to create excellent working relationships within and across teams
- Experienced with AWS Cloud
- Experience with administering DevOps tools in SaaS
- Experience using DevOps Tools (SonarQube, Artifactory etc.)
- Experience using build tools (Maven, MS Build and Gradle)
- Experience using containers (Docker)
- Experience using Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with Mobile app SDLC
- Aware of Infrastructure as Code (Ansible/CloudFormation)
- Awareness of DevSecOps (SAST, DAST, MAST, IAST)
The prospective employer is the Large Global IT Services giant. Provides opportunity for better performance, Reliability, Security, and Flexibility with good Bonus and Benefits Structure and have a good work Culture that everyone loves to work with.
We (Avance Consulting Services) are one amongst the UK's fastest growing talent acquisition companies. Head quartered in London, we are a global reach agency with a large presence in India (Gurgaon and Hyderabad) and United Arab Emirates (Dubai).
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£36.1k - £45.2k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£63.3k - £72.3k Annual