Posted on Sep 22, 2021 by Mercy Medical Physician Practi
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
- Perform patient check-in at the time of visit, interview patients and complete all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient, and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
- Copy/scan patient medical records, benefit/insurance information, and related hardcopy materials (e.g. ID, referrals, insurance cards, etc.) into the correct location in the electronic medical record system.
- Perform patient check-out including pricing services to accurately support the need and documentation of each service.
- Collect patient responsibility payments, and answer routine patient insurance and billing inquiries.
- Answer phone calls, confirm next day appointments, ensure insurance coverage, and alert patients as to what documentation is needed, including details associated with time-of-service payment schedules.
- Gather, verify, and process referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications by working closely with physician(s), patients, and payers.
- Coordinate scheduling with that of the practitioners' schedules to ensure proper coverage of patient appointments and out-of-office calls.
- Retrieve, file, and maintain charts and medical record documentation according to office protocol; coordinate copies of medical documentation with physician charges to support billing to third-party payers.
- Manage the follow of interdepartmental, outgoing, and incoming mail.
- Communicate requests and provide medical information to and from patient care providers in strict accordance with HIPPA and all policies and procedures.
Required Education: High School or GED
Minimum of two (2) years of experience in healthcare environment.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.