Software Development Manager
Posted on Sep 22, 2021 by Leidos
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos seeks an experienced Software Development Manager to join our award-winning team in Atlanta, GA.
The candidate to fill this position will work on a project alongside talented, experienced professionals to design, develop, implement and maintain a critical software application for a key customer. This position requires experience with Java software development, strong communication and business skills and have familiarity with the healthcare industry and health IT, preferably within the federal government industry. The candidate will be responsible for working with a diverse set of stakeholders to review and analyze requirements, build and test new software features and functionality, and investigate, troubleshoot and resolve software defects. This position also provides support of our various in-house, and customer-owned, environments which include development, test, integration and production environments.
- Directly manage team of Java software developers including Scrum Master and application solution architect, and lead and facilitate cross-functional teams of stakeholders to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Manages multiple software releases with complex interdependencies in a fast-paced environment and involving multiple stakeholders.
- Responsible for planning and managing all aspect of the software release schedule, and organization and facilitating related meeting with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for software development practices, tools, processes and environments.
- Responsible for the planning, scheduling, communications, problem resolution, deliverables, and delivery of assigned projects.
- Responsible for leading innovative projects and initiatives driven by customer priority, while working through barriers and constraints related to people, processes, tools and technologies.
- Responsible for delivering new features and functionality, coordinate and manage defect resolution, and respond to and manage operations and production support issues as they occur.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Public Health or related field with 12 years of experience in a technology or public health environment
- Proven experience leading and managing cloud software projects, micro-services, and SecDevOps
- 5 years technical and project management experience, including diverse experience in the development, integration, operations and/or maintenance of complex systems and technologies.
- Proven experience leading software/application development projects using the Agile/Scrum methodology, incl. DevOps or DevSecOps.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing events and competing priorities; flexibility.
- Superior oral and written communications skills, capable of translating and presenting complex technical and software concepts to management and customers, through presentations and other written formats.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly build and sustain strong customer relationships through superior delivery and bringing innovative thinking.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and turning gray areas into opportunities.
- High levels of energy and superior follow-through abilities.
- Training and/or certification in Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum Master, DevOps, DevSecOps)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Experience with SmartBear QAComplete, TestComplete and/or similar tools
- Experience with CDC governance and security processes
- Previous CDC and/or Public Health experience or global health experience
- Opensource technology development experience
- Understanding of and interest in public health and/or global health
- Experience with public health informatics projects in the federal arena
External Referral Bonus: Eligible External Referral Bonus $: 0 Potential for Telework: Yes, 50% Clearance Level Required: NACI Travel: Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Requisition Category: Manager Job Family: Proj and Prog Management Pay Range:
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.