Posted on Sep 22, 2021 by Leidos
Leidos is hiring an energetic, motivated, innovative individual to be a part of our team supporting Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in Baltimore, MD. The DevOps engineer works closely with the Program team to manage and maintain the applications and infrastructure that support CMS and the public. You will deliver solutions that ultimately ensure that the functions of Medicare, Medicaid, and Marketplace are carried out for the US citizen and contribute to efforts to reduce healthcare costs.
- Successful candidate will be a member of a cross functional team comprised of well-rounded engineers who can learn new skills rapidly and work across multiple functional domains to carry out end-to-end delivery of infrastructure services
- Work closely with senior engineers, other team members and application owners to solve technical problems at the network, system and application levels.
- Help design, test and deploy technical solutions that are innovate and leverage new technologies to help modernize the program.
- You will have the opportunity to grow in your career as you help us to grow in our value to CMS and in our breadth of services to CMS.
- The DevOps engineer works closely with the Program team to manage and maintain the applications and infrastructure that support CMS and the public. You will deliver solutions that ultimately ensure that the functions of Medicare, Medicaid, and Marketplace are carried out for the US citizen and contribute to efforts to reduce healthcare
- Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments.
- IBM Websphere 7.0 or higher, IBM Web server administration, System Administration (Windows 2008 or higher, and RHEL 6 or higher)
- Collaboration- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software deployment
- Ability to function in a high paced environment
- BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Requires ability to obtain a public trust clearance
- Any technical certifications (AWS, RHCSA, etc.) are desirable
- Cloud Skills - Understanding of cloud terminology, architecture, and tools including provisioning and monitoring
- Network Skills - Understanding of basic networking design concepts and TCP/IP
- Flexibility-comfortable with evolving solutions and finding the most effective path to implementation
- Security Skills-Knowledge of information assurance compliance and information security basics
- Development Skills - Programming/development experience including use of repositories (e.g. GitHub) and deployment in multi-tier environment
- Comfortable in an iterative environment, experience with Agile/Scrum based initiatives
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus: Eligible External Referral Bonus $: 2000 Potential for Telework: Yes, 50% Clearance Level Required: Public Trust Travel: Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Requisition Category: Professional Job Family: Systems Administration Pay Range:
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $120k Annual
$120k - $140k Annual
$140k - $170k Annual