Lead Service Designer (Product Dev, Digital Transformation)
Posted on Sep 21, 2021 by Jumar Solutions Ltd
Home Based, United Kingdom
24 Oct 2021
An accomplished Lead Service Designer is required to be be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary approach to designing and launching products, services and businesses. You'll also lead the advancement of our client's approach, help to grow the culture, coach junior members of the team, and lead and inspire clients. By developing great relationships with clients you'll also be creating opportunities for new business.
The thriving service design team is an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids - the team consists of people with a background in design, complex digital transformation, organisation change and design, strategy and business analysis. Ideally you will be a hybrid designer who spans multiple areas of service design, often with particular strength in one or two of these areas, and especially if you have been a part of teams who have launched services to market, or who have worked on services.
- Lead the delivery of complex service and product design projects
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build multi-channel services
- Deliver quality design work and inspire the client towards these standards
- Design and facilitate research and insight programmes
- Lead experiments and design sprints
- Create detailed user journeys and service blueprints that could scale
- Understand supporting systems and organisational structures
- Design new services from scratch
- Lead clients to successfully influence long-lasting change
- Play a leading role in our service design Community of Practice and industry and regularly share your work and ideas with the broader team and community
- Experience of product development, digital transformation, or customer experience design
- An understanding of the challenges and intricacies of designing for digital
- Experience of getting involved in all stages of the product and service design process, from initial analysis, workshops, sketches, ideas and concepts through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs
- Experience of service design work that goes beyond the strategy and includes piloting and taking services live
- A strong understanding of user-centred design
- Experience of facilitating workshops, design sprints and ideation sessions
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in being considered - please submit your application for further information.