Senior Project Manager, Dublin
Posted on Sep 21, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Senior Project Manager
Salary circa 76k - 82k eur per annum
Bonus scheme, health & pension.
Hybrid working model - excellent city centre location with attractive working from home options.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading I.S. Application Delivery projects for the line of Business. The successful candidate will work closely and effectively with various I.S. and business leaders, project team members and external parties, to ensure that projects are correctly chartered, planned, and executed. The Project Manager must ensure that the project scope, budget and schedule remain aligned with Project Sponsor and IS Leadership expectations.
The Senior Project Manager will also work closely with Portfolio and System Architects, Analysts, Technology Specialists, Quality Assurance and Software Developers. You will be expected to conform to approved methodologies and standards in delivering project management that is compliant with best practice and standards.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Project Management experience, especially with modern techniques, including optimal resource and budget management.
- A record of achievement in delivering complex projects (multiple streams of work, multiple external interfaces, high product complexity and logistics).
- Good understanding of continuous integration build, release and change management, incident management and production support processes.
- Ability to influence & effectively support Senior IS and Business leaders.
- Excellent collaboration skills both with your own team and with your peers across the IS organisation.
- A clear line of sight from project to business outcome with a focus on rapid throughput, responsiveness and continuous delivery of business value.
- Managing IT projects and project teams.
- Ensuring solutions adhere to present and future business objectives.
- Managing stakeholder relationships.
- Managing system development priorities and delivery schedule.
- Deliver projects on time, on budget to the expected quality.
- Work with business partners and team to translate the business strategy or roadmap into backlog items.
- Plan and manage the project life cycle from initiation to handover to production.
- Liaise with project stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop project plans and associated communications documents.
- Identify project pre-requisites, dependencies, constraints, risks and critical path and manage these proactively.
- Create and manage project budgets.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Leadership team to develop detailed project schedules, resource requirements and key milestones and manage these throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Conduct project Lessons Learnt' and create recommendations that will improve future project delivery.
- May serve in a Scrum Master role for an agile team.
- Responsible for ensuring that the agile team(s) apply best of breed software engineering practices including but not limited to - Test Driven Development, Peer Reviews, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment practices, unit and regression test automation, comprehensive approach to addressing NFR, adherence to standards, comprehensive Definition of Done, team retrospectives, etc.
- Using Agile metrics and tools to understand team performance and efficiency and takes actions to improve the efficiency of the team.
Key Strengths Required
- Great problem solver - ability to get to the root cause of a problem and craft effective solutions.
- Ability to set and work to strict project deadlines.
- A solution driven, self-starter with commitment and follow through.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build consensus and bring the project forward.
- The ability to balance the needs and requirements of multiple stakeholders.
- A commitment to maintaining highest standards of compliance and regulatory adherence
- Excellent team player, collaborative, and supportive
- Strong work ethic and outstanding interpersonal skills.
Essential Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 8 years IT. industry experience with at least 5 years as a full life cycle Project Manager on high profile and innovative technical enterprise solutions.
- Experience of managing multiple parties, including Senior I.S. staff, and 3rd party Vendors.
- Experience in communicating and influencing at all levels within an organisation.
- Experience in planning, organising, and controlling resources and tasks.
- Experience of building project plans that ensure the quality of the deliverables and conform to the standards and best practices defined by the organisation.
- Good knowledge of System Architectures, Software Engineering, and DevOps/Agile practices.
- Strong competencies in Strategic Thinking, Collaboration, Communication, Problem Solving, Working on own initiative.
- Excellent knowledge of formal project management methodologies and processes.
- Practical experience of the application development life cycle (Waterfall & Agile)
- Proficient user of MS Office tools, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communicator.
- 3rd level qualification (honours) in Business, Finance or Technology related discipline
- Fluent in English - written and verbal.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A good working knowledge of the German language and the German market would be an advantage. A commitment to further developing German language skills will be required. Language training is supported by the company.
- Project/programme management certification an advantage.
- Previous experience in the Financial Services Industry.
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams.
- Experience managing and delivering a mix of technical Applications & Server projects including integration and data migration projects using .NET environment (C#, SQL Server, SQL Data Warehouse, ETL etc.).
Technology Stack & ToolsCurrent Development Stack
Java - Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Security.
Frontend - Angular or similar
Webservices - SOAP, REST (with JSON)
DBs - Sql Server, Oracle, MySQL DB ETL - SSIS
Cloud - Azure likely, AWS or similar
Docker, K8s or similar WebSphere, tomcat
Tools (DevOps Toolchain)