Linux System Administrator
Posted on Sep 21, 2021 by Octo Consulting Group
As a Linux System Administrator, you will be providing overall support to the program and working with Enterprise Services to ensure compliance with security services and applications.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
The project provides support for the continued development and sustainment of the identity management system which services as the authentication and authorization engine for users and systems at the government agency and across government partners. Octo provides User Interface and User Experience Development, Front End web development (ReactJS), system engineering, and Infrastructure as Code support to the redesign and modernization of the identity management portal and Back End systems.
Skills & Requirements
- Design, develop, and support cloud initiatives to support customer driven needs
- Responsible for user account management and infrastructure requirements.
- Maintain program owned applications in support of a collaborative environment (JIRA, Atlassian, BitBucket, RocketChat)
- Work as a SME to define network requirements, user metrics, maintenance of our PPSM, and support to development needs.
- Responsible for infrastructure patching and OS baseline hardening
- Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline plus 3-4 years of professional experience as a Systems Administrator or similar technical role.
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Two or more years of experience with Amazon Web Services (S3 Buckets, EC2, Reserved Instances, etc.)
- Familiar with System Engineering documentation creation (VDDs, network diagrams, data flows, etc.)
- Experience working with Agile Team Collaboration tools such as (Jira, Confluence, RocketChat)
- Strong Linux background and familiarity with best practices of infrastructure management
- Experience with AWS and other cloud vendors.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technical performance versus cost management
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Familiar with cross domain architectures at various levels
- Experience with automated testing and monitoring
- Experience with Engineering Review Boards and Change Management
Years of Experience: Bachelor's degree and 0-2 years of experience or additional years of experience in lieu of degree
Education: Bachelor's degree in a Technical Discipline - Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree, [ or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience] .
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
Octo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.