Lead Cyber security Analyst
Posted on Sep 21, 2021 by Transamerica
Security is foundational to Transamerica and we are growing our Information Security Team. We are looking for a multi-talented Cyber Security Engineer III. We are a fast paced energetic team dedicated to making our enterprise more secure. So if you have at least 5-10 years cyber experience, are an exceptional team player, and have great Franken-skills; come join our industry leading, global organization.
This dynamic role requires broad understanding of cyber security principles, investigation techniques, and incident response practices to support Transamerica's Information Security Office's Incidence Response and Cyber Resiliency team and is responsible for conducting cyber investigations through the full incident response lifecycle. Responsible for identifying control improvement opportunities and working with other stakeholder teams to deliver new technologies and services to support the strategies of the business. These technologies and services are delivered as a part of a technology strategy and roadmap that is developed based on a comprehensive analysis of capabilities and needs. Participates in and provides leadership for small project delivery teams as new technologies and cyber security services are introduced to the business.
Hybrid Work Environment.
What You Will Do:
- Correlating log, paper, process, and event data to find relevant connections and to broaden understanding of cyber security, fraud, network, and process events.
- Coordinate cross functional cyber security and fraud incident response events and teams.
- Reviewing and analyzing forensic and cyber security event data related to fraud and potential fraud events.
- Threat intelligence correlation to reveal and enrich understanding of threat vectors, attack processes, fraud actors, and malicious cyber behavior.
- Conducting open-source threat research and analysis, including mining dark and deep web sources.
- Development and distribution of root cause analyses; to gain shared understanding and agreement on attack, containment, remediation steps, process changes and technical control implementations.
- Working with business leaders and client management organizations to explain and level set fraud event issues and concepts.
What You Will Need:
- Experienced in conducting and leading incident response activities and cyber investigation.
- Experience in at least one, and preferably two or more, organizations in a Cyber Security Engineering role
- Experience with one or more of the following cyber security domain areas: Incident response and management, application awareness, identity awareness, identity and access management, Data handling and classification, web application firewalls, next gen firewalls, network zoning and segmentation, cyber resiliency, secure coding, fraud investigation and response, multi-factor authentication, identity and access management, DLP, forensics, security within SDLC
- Experience in threat intelligence and persistent threat management, incident response and/or crisis management
- Information Security vulnerability management experience; ideally with code, application and infrastructure vulnerabilities
- Information Security controls experience with NIST CSF, NIST SP 800-53, FISMA, ISO 27001 or COBIT or other applicable control frameworks
- 8 or more years cyber security engineering experience
- Ability to define and communicate complex technical risk problems, concepts and situations to multiple skill levels; including business personnel with little to no cyber experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Preference given to candidates with deep Excel and PowerPoint skill sets
- Experience with systems such as Service Now, JIRA, Tanium, and equivalent
- Ability to fluently read, write and speak English
- Experience with leading group discussion and presenting to varying levels and audiences
- Self-motivated and self-management skills
Preferred Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Strong knowledge of Information Security and Cyber Defense demonstrated by one or more of the following:
- Bachelorette degree in Information/Cyber Security, Information Risk, Information Risk Management
- Bachelorette degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Management or similar four year technical degree combined with one or more of the following:
- Active CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, or CHFI certifications
- Experience in Insurance, Payments, Banking or other Fin-Tech Industries
- Strong preference for candidate with excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- This is not an entry level position. Preference given to candidates with Transamerica and/or Aegon products, systems and/or domain knowledge