Head of Data Science
Posted on Sep 21, 2021 by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance
Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online thats actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment thats truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and dont take themselves too seriously. Were located in New Yorks Flatiron District and in case youre wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If youre creative, professional and kind, wed love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Head of Data Science role a senior executive position, reporting directly to the CEO of Haven Life. You will serve as part of the leadership team, setting the strategy for the growing Haven Life DTC organization. You will be responsible for building and directing all facets of data science while serving as a thought partner across the organization - challenging thinking and existing paradigms and assumptions, while also supporting other functions with partnership and analytical insights to ultimately drive innovation and value creation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Identify opportunities across marketing and product to apply data science while creating economic differentiation via automation and data driven efficiency
- Continuously rebalance product/service features which maximize value to focus on the highest returning initiatives
- Work closely with MassMutual data science teams to best utilize existing data and data models to efficiently and effectively drive Haven Life growth
- Develop, own, and apply Haven Life statistical models to predict behaviors and deliver efficiencies gains
- Effectively prioritize data science initiatives, ensure appropriate resourcing and deliver on initiatives on time with high quality and applicable data models
- Build and lead Haven Lifes DTC data science team, building out the team to support innovation and growth
- Attract and retain world-class engineering and data science teams; cultivate a high-performing, innovative, one-team culture
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Deep experience leading data science team in innovative insurance categories or other regulated industry (FI, health insurance, P&C)
- Deep understanding of life insurance products/industry
- Successfully built personalization engines and data platforms to drive personalized end to end customer experience, with clear output/impact on acquisition and efficiency gains
- Experience building multi-disciplinary DS teams from the ground up, identifying talent needs to meet deliverables.
- Experience scaling a team from early stage start up to enterprise
- Experience defining strategy, goals, and KPIs for DS teams as part of larger organization strategy
- Proven ability to navigate complex stakeholder across all levels of an organization, including board and c-suite
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.