Windows Systems Engineer
Posted on Sep 20, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
Michael Bailey Associates are currently looking for a windows system engineer for a financial client based in Basel.
This is a 6-months contract with the possibility of getting a further extension.
- System engineer for Windows Servers, storage and virtualization technologies
- Operation, expansion and further development of the IT infrastructure in the data centres
- Interface function to the central IT specialist teams as well as in requirements engineering
- Participation in projects and implementations
- Technical concept development and documentation of IT processes
- 3rd level incident and problem management, technical analysis and troubleshooting
During this temporary assignment, you will support a small team that is responsible for the engineering and the operation of the company's IT infrastructure. Maintenance and operation, as well as the further development and renewal of the infrastructure in two data centres as well as at the branches in Switzerland, are also a focus, as is the analysis, processing and implementation of requirements from business and IT groups.
In projects, you will actively participate in the implementation of company-wide solutions and you will be able to apply your structured and methodical way of working.
- Broad, well-founded understanding of IT architectures, in the area of analysis and troubleshooting as well as in requirements engineering and for current software platforms
- Very good knowledge and experience in the storage area (NetApp), in the virtualization environment (VMWare ESX on UCS), in the Windows server environment as well as with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Sound experience in system engineering of IT infrastructures
- Ability to analyze IT processes and workflows as well as a keen interest in technological progress and new technologies
- German and English are spoken and written
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.