Head of Supply Chain
Posted on Sep 20, 2021 by CV-Library
Head of Supply Chain; Scotland; C.£85-100k + Package
This is a newly created opportunity to be part of a transformational regional project within a global PLC
The role is challenging, varied and evolving. As a member of the senior business management team you will work in collaboration with the MD and senior management team to ensure business decision making. You will be directly accountable for functional performance and fully involved in all senior management/board discussions & decision making associated with the business.
The successful incumbent will shape and develops supply chain strategy and contributes to the development of business strategies.
Review and delivers supply chain improvements to meet income, margin and cost objectives and targets.
Provide leadership, direction, guidance, deployment of capability, governance and control of the supply chain function such that products and services are fit for purpose, safe and meet business, legal, regulatory and customer requirements.
Provide leadership of the functional management team and ensure the function has the appropriate resource and capability necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Ensure budgets and forecasts are in place and monitor expense (and income) such that financial performance is maximised and obligations to group are achieved.
Build strong relationships within the supplier base and the market in general, negotiate and agree alliances and partnerships to the longer-term benefit of the business.
Ensure processes are in place to carry out external benchmarking and establish external best practice and where appropriate implement revised operating methods and approaches to deliver continuous improvement to Supply Chain performance Compile, present and disseminate business information to Directors and the Board, based on effective supply chain services to inform performance issues associated with the supply chain.
The role carries immediate accountability for the Project Procurement & Supply Chain (P&SC) elements, spanning some £800m+ of planned expenditure and subsequent acquisition over the next 6 years. Key objectives include
* Ensuring commercial risk is appropriately shared with suppliers for the entire project and support services, with robust contracts, pricing and defined deliverables.
* Management of all supplier deliverables both paper and physical
* Addressing Strategy changes in Make-Buy, contract flow downs and performance management, resource deployment as the program progresses
* Supplier Relationship Management to ensure sustainable performance and develop the UK Prosperity Agenda
* Correct and disciplined use of a developing suite of management systems for purchase orders and material control
* Continuous Value Improvement and Supply Chain Risk Management
* Leading a team of high calibre professionals, some of whom are relatively inexperienced in construction programs.
A solid background in supply chain, you will have demonstrated progression throughout your career to date and have had sector experience in Engineering, Defence, Manufacturing,Oil & Gas, Construction. Candidates currently out of this sector at this stage, will not pass the selection process