Senior Security Engineer - Public Cloud
Posted on Sep 20, 2021 by Charles Schwab
The Cloud Security Engineer will have the opportunity to help shape the next generation IT security strategy and solutions for Charles Schwab & Co. The ideal candidate will have experience in large scale private and public cloud security and network security design to protect virtualized workloads. This will be hands-on engineering and support of Schwabs security architectures applied to our initiatives. This role is for someone who sees themselves as a security practitioner with network and cloud security implementation expertise.What you are good at
- You live security beyond managing security technology
- You are a results-oriented individual contributor; provide efficiently organized and crafted logic; highly motivated and proficient in developing robust easily maintainable security solutions.
- You can quickly understand complex problems and come up with simple solutions.
- Ability to communicate well with teams and leaders of the organization; have good listening skills and ask great questions
- This position requires good interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail is required.
- A willingness to learn and grow is a must. Teammate with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor. You can transition and cross train peer teams on your security designs and technology development.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Previous experience in a highly regulated environment with appreciation for audit and regulatory principles will benefit you.
- 5+ years highly technical experience with public cloud design as well as large server and application deployments on virtualized and containerized platforms.
- Experience in the development of policy and operational processes to insure high availability and service of entire technology stack, from Front End web traffic to Back End big-data infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of the main domain and application and server security.
- Experience working with development and network team architects and teams to determine project requirements, specifications, and technical solutions.
- Solid understanding in Cloud Networking technologies (Load Balancing, Service Mesh, NAT, DNS, VPC, VPN, Dedicated Connections, Routers, Firewalls)
- Familiarity with Terraform, Ansible, Salt or similar automation tools are a benefit as we drive towards Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience working in GCP or AWS
- Familiarity with SCM and DevOps tool suites; examples include Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, Concourse etc.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum, experience adopting or leading continuous integration and continuous delivery concepts and frameworks
- Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience