Workshop Manager - Coatbridge
McGill's Bus Service Ltd is the UK's largest privately owned Bus Company and employ around 800 employees within four locations based at Greenock, Johnstone, Inchinnan and Coatbridge depots.
We currently have a position available for a Workshop Manager working at one of our Coatbridge depot.
The role is an exciting opportunity to join a fast moving and forward-thinking company. In a depot with 25 vehicles managing a team of close knit engineers. As Workshop Manager, what will you be doing? You will be working Monday-Friday dayshift (flexibility is required), providing leadership and guidance to the engineers working under you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Delegate routine maintenance and repairs on various vehicle types to meet McGill's buses standards & exceed DVSA requirements.
• Fully comply with all health and safety and engineering legislation along with company policies.
• Fully comply with all relevant SSOW.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to other staff as required.
• Communicate effectively with colleagues and the Fleet Engineer.
• Maintain and develop technical skills as required.
• Ensure all Planned and Unplanned maintenance, drivers defect cards and inspection records are actioned and completed accurately and promptly.
• Practice and encourage the highest standards of housekeeping.
Who are we looking for?
• You must possess a full UK driving licence.
• You must be a time served PCV mechanic or a heavy vehicle mechanic.
• A PCV licence is desirable, however not essential.
• An aptitude to develop others within the engineering team to improve efficiencies. Ability to work under pressure and as part of a close-knit team.
• A flexible approach to working hours.
What can we offer you?
• Competitive salary 38K per annum.
• 28 days holiday per year.
• Continual training and development to further your career.
• Unlimited free travel for you and a companion on McGill's buses services.
• We will also provide you with all necessary PPE and specialist equipment.
If you're happy sticking as an Workshop Manager then that's fine by us…but if you do want to progress, we'll support you every step of the way. You will be given exposure to work which will develop your skills and experience to allow you to progress your management career even further. So, if you have an engineering supervisory or management background working with large vehicles, then we can't wait to receive your application.
If you are looking for the next step in your career, and would like to apply for the above vacancy, please send your CV