FTTP Deployment Manager
Posted on Sep 20, 2021 by Trooli
A BIT ABOUT US
Here at Trooli, we're on a mission to banish buffering, vanish video call embarrassment and clear up those "up to" speed claims that give broadband a bad name.
How? By providing our new, guaranteed, ultrafast, full fibre broadband speeds to as many communities as possible across Kent, East Sussex and beyond.
We've already got the great network, now we need more great people to take us even further.
Think you can help? Here's why you should get in touch ...
-We're passionate about growth
We've come a long way in 2 years, from nothing to 50,000+ premises passed, 10 staff to over 100 and are now one of the most respected altnets in the industry - and that's just the start. But it's not just our network, we're passionate about ensuring our employees grow with us too.
-We're passionate about our people
At the heart of our culture is a belief that a company should be much more than politics and processes. That doesn't mean these don't exist, but it does mean that our people are the most important part of our business, that life here is that bit more fun and our high staff retention rates are something we're rightly proud of.
-We're passionate about our customers - wouldn't it be nice for a broadband network to be independent of Openreach and have complete control of where it builds and the experience our customers receive? Well, that's exactly what Trooli is and with an Excellent Trustpilot rating from our customers, it's clear we're doing something right!
Still interested? Read on...
We're a small company with a very exciting future. This leadership role provides a great opportunity to combine working on-site with flexible desk-based working. You will be leading an installation team of 4 people, which will be tasked with extending our fibre optic network to a complete town or village. The role will be ideal for someone with previous experience in project management and telecoms, who is looking for something a bit different, and an escape from your standard office environment!
THE DAY JOB
- Manage a team of field engineers or sub contractors responsible for delivering FTTP(H)
- Responsible for project delivery and quality control of Fibre Optic Network
- Collation of data for project plans and keeping these up to date
- Verifying at relevant project stages ('sign-off') that these standards have been achieved (or triggering remedial action required)
- Civils. Working with the project support team and civils contractor, you will oversee blockage clearance and other groundworks.
Route plans. Interpreting plans produced by planning team and circulating them to direct labour team and subcontractors. Prioritising work and monitoring the output of the teams to ensure the project completes on time. Keeping records and updating systems to share information including providing progress reports weekly.
As-Built documentation. Collate evidence from the installation team to assist the Project Delivery Manager with the As-Built submission on completion of build.
Build Quality. Ensuring the finished build is of the highest standard before handing over to our connections team.
Health & Safety. Promoting safe working practices and making sure Health and Safety policy is always at the forefront of everything we do.
Development of People. To carry our performance reviews and identify training requirements for continual development of team.
WE'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU IF...
- Understanding of FTTP, Openreach network and Civils delivery.
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant prior job experience and training on site.
- Experience of managing teams and effectively managing performance.
- Experience and Qualification within street works and an understanding of the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991(NRSWA).
- Experience of working on the Openreach Network - Desirable.
- Working knowledge in splicing, testing and fault finding on fibre optic networks.
- Demonstrate the ability to talk the 'same language' as civils and cabling contractors.
- Demonstrable experience of working with/for telecommunications operators or service partners.
- Strong fit for our brand and organisational culture.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Ms Project.
WE'LL LOVE YOU IF...
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Assertive and dependable
- Self-motivated organiser
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Confidence with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to interpret plans in various formats
- High level of numeracy
- Desirable: Knowledge of NSRWA Streetworks (training will be given)
AND IN RETURN, YOU'LL GET...
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Generous life insurance policy
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Career progression
- Free parking
- Friendly working environment
- Company laptop
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- COVID secure and risk assessed employer