Posted on Sep 20, 2021 by Octo Consulting Group
As a Senior ETL Solutions Architect, you will be joining the team that is deploying and delivering a cloud-based, multi-domain Common Data Fabric (CDF), which provides data sharing services to the entire DoD Intelligence Community (IC). The CDF connects all IC data providers and consumers. It uses fully automated policy-based access controls to create a machine-to-machine data brokerage service, which is enabling the transition away from Legacy point-to-point solutions across the IC enterprise.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
The project you will be working is to migrate an existing Legacy portfolio to a more evolvable architecture that can better leverage a cloud environment to deliver better technology, reduce program sustainment costs, and higher system reliability. Our approach is to transform Legacy applications to be cloud native and reside on a Platform as a Service (PaaS). Additionally, modernize current applications by breaking them down into loosely coupled micro-services or create new micro-services, and leveraging a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline to enable an agile DevOps Strategy.
Skills & Requirements
Primarily responsible for architecting and overseeing the implementation of an enterprise ETL platform. In this role, you will be involved in the following:
- Conduct technical evaluations and trade studies to inform and develop ETL system architecture and processes
- Analyze and test multiple ETL solutions, then propose a recommended solution, to include full integration with the CDF
- Ensure the design and implementation delivers a large-scale ingest and ETL system that provides full interoperability with Legacy systems
- Oversee deployment of the selected ETL solution to achieve full operational capability
- Establish transformations and SOPs for converting common native data to community defined formats
- Support transitioning customers from Legacy infrastructure to full utilization of the CDF implemented MDM/ETL Platform as a Service (PaaS).
What we'd like to see
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
- Experience conducting technical evaluations and trade studies
- Understanding of foundational ETL concepts and COTS/FOSS ETL tools.
- Strong understanding and experience with Solr & Java
- Demonstrable CentOS command line knowledge, and working knowledge of RESTful APIs
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with programming and software development including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting and/or upgrading of software systems
- Full Stack Back End Java Software Development
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Solr to include ingest, management, & tuning.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience designing and implementing automated build and deployment pipelines and supporting platform
- Working understanding of HBase, WebHDFS, and Apache Zookeeper.
- Responsible for using best practices, such as unit test integration, to ensure high code quality standards are met
- Strong understanding of AWS cloud infrastructure
- Experience in Java and Spring frameworks to develop enterprise applications
- Experience with testing frameworks and tools
- Working knowledge of agile lifecycle management tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working with source code repositories/Git.
- Experience on most phases of application development activities with minimal supervisory guidance
- Experience with unit and integration testing of the developed software
- Coordinates and performs requirements and implementation analysis, design, development, testing and enhancement of application software
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Years of Experience: 8 years of experience or more.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance: Active TS/SCI w/ability to obtain CI Poly
Octo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$150k - $170k Annual
$120k - $130k Annual
$100k - $130k Annual
$120k - $160k Annual
$150k - $160k Annual
$160k - $170k Annual
$180k - $220k Annual