Posted on Sep 20, 2021 by Octo Consulting Group
You love creating microservice solutions using tools like Docker, Kubernetes/AWS EKS, and Gitops. You are able to take traditional full-stack applications and deploy them as microservices in Kubernetes. You are comfortable with different components of the Kubernetes API and know when to use each component to get the desired service behavior. You can take complicated service requirements and create a custom Docker image to deploy on K8S. You have some insight into what it takes to setup and maintain a Kubernetes cluster. You love impacting the missions of the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the bleeding edge MLOps space as we work with our clients on products and solutions that automate the MLOps process.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
To respond to an erosion in close combat capability relative to pacing threats identified in the 2018 National Defense Strategy - this group integrates next generation 24/7 situational awareness tools and high-resolution digital sensors to deliver a single platform that improves Soldier sensing, decision making, target acquisition, and target engagement. These capabilities will provide the increased lethality, mobility, and situational awareness necessary to achieve overmatch against our current and future adversaries in any domain.
In support of these efforts the team is building a tactical Machine Learning Operations Platform, capable of managing the entire ML pipeline (data preparation, labeling, training, monitoring, and retraining). This initiative will address the following mission critical needs:
- Converting ML models and MLOps tools to containerized cloud native solutions.
- Package MLOps tools to serve as Platform as a Service on the US Army Tactical Cloud Package, Azure, and/or AWS, and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Store multi-sensor, multi-model data in a cloud environment.
- Enable multi-sensor data movement and storage from tactical environment to cloud environment.
- Establish a cloud-based ML model training data library.
- Establish a cloud-based ML model library.
- Enable government employees and military personnel in all aspects of ML application cloud migrations.
- Creating Helm charts for the entirety of each application.
- Manage administrative actions customer accounts (establish accounts, tear down accounts, set up alerts for overuse of cloud compute instances).
Skills & Requirements
What wed like to see...
- Minimum 5 years building and deploying custom microservice applications (on-premises or in the cloud) using tools like Docker and Kubernetes, or Openshift, AWS EKS and other containerization services
- Experience and understanding of security and administration of Kubernetes clusters
- Experience troubleshooting application deployment problems in Kubernetes
- Experience creating complex custom Docker containers
- Experience deploying custom applications in a Kubernetes deployment/pod.
- Deep understanding of the various components and configurations available in Kubernetes and when to use them; for example, deployments, pods, services, and secrets
- Must be self-driven and motivated to create unique
- Willing to learn new technologies and grow with the project(s)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- MS in computer science, data science, applied mathematics, or other engineering field
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience turning machine learning models into microservices
- Experience moving machine learning models into production through and MLOps pipeline
- Python programming experience
- Experience with implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience setting up a Kubernetes cluster on bare metal
- Ability to clearly communicate and provide positive recommendation of improvements to existing software applications
Years of Experience: 5+ years of experience or more
Education: Bachelors degree in computer science, data science, physics, applied mathematics/statistics, operation research, or other physical science/engineering field.
Job related experience may substitute for education requirement.
Clearance: U.S. Citizenship required
Octo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$120k - $140k Annual