Posted on Sep 20, 2021 by Giant Eagle
Pittsburgh, PA 15238
As a Principal Architect, you will provide leadership, stewardship and analysis in efforts to assist the business and information technologies department in making technology and infrastructure decisions that will enable growth and support of current and future strategic initiatives. Through lifecycle planning and road mapping, you will be responsible for developing the application and infrastructure portfolios, as well as ensuring these portfolios deliver the capabilities necessary to support Giant Eagle's business needs. You will support integrated business and information systems development, as well as innovative approaches to technology that support business requirements.Job Description
- Experience Required: 10+ years experience in architecture role; Minimum of 7 years of hands-on design and implementation experience in IT and/or business process improvement.
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Travel Required: None
- Partner with IT stakeholders in building and implementing a robust, scalable and agile enterprise architecture to support the foundation of Giant Eagle's future.
- Partner with IT stakeholders in assessing the IT application and infrastructure portfolios today and design and execute the future state strategy to meet business objectives going forward.
- Make recommendations on the strategic use of technology for leveraging business results, working with IT and business stakeholders to incorporate these recommendations into appropriate roadmaps and life cycle plans.
- Develop, establish, enforce and sustain the enterprise architecture, including standards and guidelines for application and infrastructure solutions and technologies; integration methodologies and practices; development processes; hardware platforms; and enterprise data design.
- Anticipate and ensure alignment with long-term business requirements, ensuring identified change is reflected in the appropriate roadmaps, providing thought leadership in all areas of applied information technology, both internally and externally.
- Facilitate and steward the synchronization of the various business, application and technology roadmaps with appropriate IT and business stakeholders, including change as described in application strategies, life cycle plans and business initiatives.
- Facilitate and steward the creation and life cycle maintenance of the information technology reference architectures, their prescribed patterns, use cases, implementation guidelines and architectural models.
- Minimize the number of architectural components and total cost of ownership while maintaining a maximum of functional flexibility, reliability and security.
- Act as a role model for service mentality by building long-term relationships with key internal customers and stakeholders, being receptive to the customers' needs and actively managing the balance between costs and services.
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper's tables' and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
San Jose, CA
Des Moines, IA
Salt Lake City, UT
Santa Ana, CA