Temporary Office Assistant
Posted on Sep 20, 2021 by Brooke Charter Schools
Who Are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of five public charter schools, serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students achieve at the highest levels and graduate from college. We believe academic achievement empowers our students to live choice-filled lives and enhances their ability to contribute to creating a just world. In a culture of achievement, educators support students in recognizing and building on their identities as sources of strength even as they work to grow and achieve in new ways.
What is the Office Assistant Role?
As an Office Assistant at Brooke, you are a crucial member of the operations team and your role will include the following responsibilities:
- Answering phone calls and transferring necessary phone calls
- Tracking student dismissal changes
- Greeting families and visitors
- Sorting and distributing flyers
- Making copies of tests and flyers
- Assisting with other administrative tasks
- Maintaining school security by signing visitors and families in
- Tracking school packages and deliveries
- Managing shared workspace google calendars
Is This You?
- You are committed to uprooting racism through academics, equipping our students with tools to advocate for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive future. Read more about how we are working on this at Brooke here
- You've completed an Associate's Degree or two years of post-secondary education
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- You are professional, warm, and collaborative with students, families, and colleagues
- After experience in a fast-paced work environment, you are able to manage multiple priorities in an organized, flexible, and detail-oriented manner
- You are able to start immediately
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world in which we live.