DMV / Title Administrator
Posted on Sep 20, 2021 by Carwave
The wholesale DMV / Title Administrator will have a strong DMV knowledge and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. You should be detail-oriented and accurate. It is important that you display strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You must also be adaptable to change and handle multiple competing priorities with the ability to stay organized and focused.
Process and clear vehicle titles, maintain computerized inventory records of vehicles for sale to include data entry and continuing update of vehicle identification, condition and sale processing status. Prepare related reports and coordinate activities with account representatives.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Process and re-assign titles for vehicles sold.
- Examine vehicle title for accuracy and conformity to specified requirements; title VIN number, odometer reading, releases of liens, and that titles contain no alteration, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current DMV laws and regulations as they relate to vehicle titles and interpret titling regulations in each state for which vehicles are processed.
- Perform data entry of required information of vehicle identification number (VIN), and other descriptive information.
- Pull AVRS reports and calculate penalties.
- Follow up for outstanding/late titles; run outstanding title reports, review and contact sellers regarding outstanding titles.
- Answers incoming customer phone calls in a prompt, polite, and professional manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Effective communication and organization skills required
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service essential
- Data entry experience required
- DMV or vehicle title processing experience required