Crew Scheduling Hiring Event September 2021
Posted on Sep 20, 2021 by Atlas Air, Inc
Erlanger, KY 41018
Admin & Secretarial
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Flight Operations
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in our Crew Scheduler Hiring Event for Atlas Air!
Do you strive to deliver customer service excellence? This is your opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, growing and dynamic organization! We are currently seeking service focused individuals to join our rapidly expanding Crew Scheduling team. Crew Schedulers are responsible for managing the day-to-day flight activities of crew members (including Pilots and Flight Attendants) as well as compliance with department standards. We Carry the World, and our dedicated team members make it possible.
Why work here? Atlas Air Worldwide is the leading global provider of outsourced aircraft and aviation services for commercial and military customers. Our companies operate the world's largest fleet of Boeing 747 Freighters and provide customers a broad array of Boeing 747, 777, 767, and 737 aircraft for domestic, regional and international applications. Operating nearly 60K flights yearly to hundreds of destinations around the world, Atlas Air safely and proudly serves both the cargo and charter passenger needs of a broad customer base including partners such as the U.S. military, DHL, Amazon, Qantas, major sports leagues, musicians, and many more.
Phyiscal job location is Erlanger, Kentucky. Please click "Apply for this job online" in the upper right side of the page to be considered for a virtual interview and chance to participate in our virtual hiring event. Successful candidates will be offered a position in our upcoming July & August training classes.
- Ability to understand and work at an abstract level and utilize technology as a tool to solve complex scheduling problems.
- Manage operational disruptions and solve them in a proactive manner.
- Demonstrate expected behavior as well as the ability to remain calm and even-tempered during stressful situations. Maintain a "customer friendly" attitude when communicating with Crewmembers and other Company personnel.
- Schedule Crewmembers in compliance with departmental SOP, FAR and CBA rules.
- Completion of daily shift responsibilities.
- Participation and completion of the Department training program.
- Close coordination with the Lead Crew Scheduler with regard to any issues that will affect the operation.
- Coordinate with all necessary GCC departments to assist in the successful completion of recovery plans.
- Coordination with Short and Long Term Planning on relevant issues.
- Report significant operational events to the Lead Crew Scheduler.
- Airline or aviation experience preferred, and knowledge of airline scheduling software a plus.
- Ability to sit/stand for a 12 hour shift, work flexible hours/schedules as needed, and possess desire and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong Customer Service focus with ability to make well-educated, independent decisions based on compliance standards.
- Must possess leadership, command presence, sophistication and the business acumen necessary to support the activities in the Crew Resource department.
- Offer exceptional communication and organizational skills with strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) with the ability to use/quickly navigate a desktop computer and required programs.
- Knowledge of world geography with regard to continents, countries and major cities.