Underwriting Assistant II
Posted on Sep 20, 2021 by HCC Life Insurance
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company's almost 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts.
- Pull and distribute census and zip code information to be entered into internal databases (PA) by
- Underwriting Assistants.
- Evaluate, analyze, and/or interpret plan documents, amendments, and/or schedules of benefits
- provided by third-party administrators (TPAs)/brokers.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completion of underwriting information and data entry forms
- pertaining to new and sold business, as well as renewal and life cases.
- Data entry of all pertinent information obtained through the analysis of requests for proposal (RFPs)
- to generate manual rates from internal database.
- Evaluate, analyze, and/or interpret aggregate reports provided by TPA/brokers to determine risk and
- also assist Underwriters with their determination of discretion to assign.
- Obtain all necessary information required by the Underwriters so they may provide the best quote
- possible for TPA/brokers.
- Generate analysis reports for underwriters illustrating the progress of the HCCB Underwriting
- department and other factors pertaining to renewal and new business growth.
- Communicate effectively with TPA/brokers, peers, and other departments. Answer questions, within
- scope of ability and refer other questions to appropriate person.
- Study and learn underwriting manual and HCCB Underwriting procedures to work towards an
- underwriting position.
- Maintain required documentation on all RFPs and policy renewals in system, manual files, and
- scanned document storage.
- Perform other general clerical duties such as data entry, mailing, copying, filing, faxing, scanning,
- ordering supplies, and operating departmental office equipment.
Education & Experience
- Minimum High School or GED
- 2 Years Relevant and progressive experience in area of
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit for more information about our companies.