Office Manager, Staff Counsel Law Office (General Liability)
Posted on Sep 19, 2021 by AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.
Supervises and manages the work of Paralegals and Legal Assistants supporting in-house Litigation offices under the direction of Managing Counsel. Responsible for outcomes and performance of assigned offices. Ensuring deadlines and other compliance requirements are met is critical to avoid our clients/insureds/Company is receiving sanctions and unnecessary litigation. The position will have responsibility for one to two in house Managing Counsel Operations. Maintains a solid understanding of AmTrust's mission, vision, and values. Upholds the standards of the AmTrust organization.
- Plans work and sets clear priorities; upholds ethical standards and fulfills commitments while maintaining high levels of work output.
- Takes a positive approach to tackling work and embraces change; invites feedback relating to performance and deals constructively with criticism.
- Understands and anticipates attorney needs and takes action to provide high-quality products and services to exceed expectations.
- Collaborates with peers on processes and best practices; applies and coaches direct reports on process, practices and expectations.
- Ensures data integrity is preserved via the document management platform and work is performed in a timely and accurate basis meeting deadlines.
- Communicates with Claims partners, clients, witnesses, court, opposing counsel, vendors and other team members in a timeline and effective manner, ensuring direct reports maintain high standards of communication.
- Uses judgment and critical thinking to identify, troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day technical and operational problems and procedures, impacts the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team and its contribution to the department.
- Shows appreciation for how others are feeling and listens attentively; works well within a team, acknowledging people's different needs and valuing the positive contribution each person makes.
- Conveys a clear sense of self-confidence and belief in own capacity to influence future events; works well under pressure, staying calm and composed; deals with emotional individuals and disagreements effectively.
- Instills confidence and trust by demonstrating dependability and reliability.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the organization and its offerings; leverages organizational values in how work is accomplished.
- Responsible for selection, coaching, training and performance management of assigned employees.
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in private or corporate law offices supporting multiple attorneys.
- Ability to travel between Office locations.
- Interacts well with others, quickly establishing rapport; gains recognition for achievements and accomplishments.
- Ability to work in fast paced and changing environment, willingness to learn and adjust to achieve business goals while leading others.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with Managing Counsel, Attorneys, Clients, Co-workers, and Opposing Counsel.
- Experienced in preparation of pleadings including, but not limited to Declaration of Readiness to Proceed, Panel Requests, Pleadings, Objections, Proof of Services, scheduling and maintaining calendars, etc.
- High level of expertise of EAMS and the Public Search for party/injury information
- Specific line of business experience defense preferred
- Experience leading others
- College degree or equivalent experience in insurance or related field
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.