Full Stack Java Engineer Lead
Posted on Sep 18, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Full Stack Java Software Lead Engineer. This engineer will need to have 7+ years of Java development experience, along with experience with Angular, Springboot, Web Services, Restful APIs, and cloud.
- The Full-Stack Java Software Lead Engineer to design, develop complex, high volume & scalable applications focused on quote to claim applications. - analysis, design, construction, testing and implementation in SAFE agile development life cycles.
- You are passionate about software engineering with an interest quality, maintainable code
- You love the safety of a strong test suite, with experience or a strong interest in test driven development
- You have a clear understanding of cloud services, distributed systems, devops, and CI/CD practices
- You measure success by working software and end user satisfaction
- You have well-developed communications skills, enjoy collaborating, and are open to a pair-programming environment
- You value transparency and openness, and are willing to identify what we're doing wrong and how we can do things better
- Collaborate with business partners and Product owners to review backlog, ensuring they are clear, concise, and technically feasible.
- Translate product requirements into innovative solutions that provide an excellent client experience and align with architectural roadmap.
- Prepare detailed technical designs that account for security, resiliency, scalability, maintainability, and performance.
- Code, test, debug, implement, and support complex insurance products.
- Strive for continuous improvements of our processes, application, designs, and application execution.
- Collaborate with onshore/Offshore Contract resources, ensuring adherence to our processes and standards.
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 7+ years of hands-on experience developing applications using Java/J2EE, Angular, spring boot and Web Services.
- 3+ years of experience leading agile teams of up to 6-8 Engineers including employees, onshore contractors, and offshore contractors.
- Experience implementing business critical, high volume, and highly available web-based applications is a must.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and testing tools such as Junit.
- Experience with, or very knowledgeable in, cloud based development leveraging Cloud Foundry in PaaS environment, PCF on AWS or AWS environment
- Familiar with GitHub for source control, Jenkins, maven or Griddle build process.
- Must be collaborative, adaptable, and have good communication skills. Prior experience working on agile teams is very desirable.
- Experience in Micro services, AWS, Pivotal cloud foundry, cloud technology, CI/CD is a plus.
- Experience with automated unit testing (eg JUnit), especially test driven development
- Strong understanding of Java, J2EE, preferably with Spring Boot experience, web and mobile development with ReactJS, or native iOS/Android development
- Experience working with relational databases, preferably Oracle, SQL server and MongoDB.
- Experience developing microservices using Pivotal cloud foundry & cloud systems at scale
- Experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps, using tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory etc
- Experience with Web, Mobile and cloud technology.
- Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following: application performance monitoring tools like Dynatrace/AppDynamics, are understanding of AWS cloud services.