Posted on Sep 18, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Linux Engineer. This engineer will be working in a large Real Time environment and needs to have heavy experience with Linux, Linux Kernel, Python, networking monitoring. The role is a combination of engineering and production support, building systems.
- This position is responsible for building and maintaining the Servers, storage, OS, and configuration of all ISG environment.
- The role includes developing in-house automation and monitoring tools, as well as leveraging Open Source projects on the latest industry hardware.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience managing a large 24x7 enterprise environment (hundreds of Servers, multiple sites), including these specifics:
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel (scheduling, networking, I/O, monitoring)
- Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates)
- Strong understanding of software engineering (design, testing, version control) and experience in two of the following languages: Python/C/++/Ruby
- Highly methodical and analytical approach to problem solving and evaluating technologies
- Bachelors Degree