Database Administrator - Oracle & MSSQL - Financial Services
Posted on Sep 18, 2021 by Apollo Solutions
Database Administrator is required by a financial services client of mine to join their business. This is a permanent role in Geneva, Switzerland offering a salary range of between CHF120,000 - CHF170,000 (depending on experience) + bonus and benefits.
The role involves:
- Guarantee an excellent level of service for the database infrastructure, in terms of availability, performance and security;
- Manage and participate in database infrastructure development projects;
- Ensure the proper functioning and development of the databases as well as the Datawarehouse;
- Monitor the database infrastructure and investigate any failures and/or performance issues;
- Provide technical and operating support to the various teams (production, testing, application support) and 24x7 in on-call mode for incidents on production and UAT environments.
- Master in computer science, telecommunications or similar discipline;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing Oracle and MSSQL databases in high availability (Dataguard and AlwaysOn);
- Previous experience working for banking/financial organisations.
- Experience in managing MongoDB and PostgreSQL databases;
- Oracle Exadata experience is a plus;
- Good knowledge of Git and Ansible;
- Serious, proactive, motivated, open-minded, great adaptability and strong team spirit;
- Knowledge of Unix Shell Scripting and Windows Powershell;
- Oral and written fluency in French and English;
- Resident in Switzerland.
- Swiss or EU Citizen
This is a great opportunity to work in a company with a global presence in a team of very high-calibre professionals.
If you're interested in hearing more, please apply within and I will be happy to reach out and give you all the details ASAP.