Posted on Sep 18, 2021 by Mile High Early Learning
Type: Full-Time, non-exempt
Salary Range: $16.00-17.00 per hour
How to apply: Submit resume and copies of credentials
Mile High Early Learning is a premier provider of early care and education for children 6 weeks to five years focused on growing great young minds and preparing them for kindergarten and the world using a Montessori inspired curriculum approach.
Mile High Early Learning is seeking an Administrative Assistant who is bilingual (Spanish), highly detail oriented, organized, and reliable. Responsible for providing bookkeeping support to the finance department as well as general office management support. Process invoices and checks in an accurate and timely basis. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, researches, gathers, analyzes and resolves vendor billing issues. Provide accurate and timely reports to the Controller. Respond to vendor and internal requests for information in a courteous and professional manner. Ensure Agency policies are adhered to with regard to accounts payable and receivable. Regular hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00a - 5:00p.
- Greet guests
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Perform filing, scanning, and copying of documents
- Review vendor invoices and staff expense reports and resolve discrepancies
- Match credit card receipts to billing statements
- Receive payments
- Enter payment data into a database
- Review and balance cash receipts batches
- Print cash receipts report for Controller
- Organize and prepare bank deposits
- Collect and assemble required documentation for funder reports
- Process, reconcile and prepare annual 1099s
- Enter volunteer tracking data into excel
- Enter funder reimbursement data into excel
- Review and calculate literacy sheets when returned by parents
- Order office supplies
- Maintains office equipment (copy machine, fax machine, postage meter, etc.)
- May involve interaction with educationally, economically, culturally, and racially diverse persons whose first language may not be English
- Maintain professional and effective working relationships with co-workers and MHEL staff
Consider joining a learning organization that is as focused on growing great teachers and family-oriented professionals as we are on providing a high quality educational experience for our students and comprehensive services to our families. Mile High Early Learning invests in our staff with on-going professional development including college courses, certifications, conferences and workshops. We regularly bring national experts to Denver to provide our staff with current and relevant learning opportunities not available elsewhere. Our Professional Development programs include semi-annual Child Development Associate certification trainings, annual Inclusive Practice in Early Childhood training, a Bachelors Residency program, and our MA in Learning, Developmental and Family Sciences program in collaboration with the University of Colorado at Denver.
Mile High Early Learning is seeking candidates who are committed to educational equity, anti-racism, and willing to engage in the hard work it takes to bring positive, impactful change. As an inclusive, learning-centered organization, we embrace innovation, assessment, and reflection to continuously improve.
We are always looking to add thoughtful, energetic, honest, positive, and creative people to our team. Negative people, gossipers, and whiners need not apply. Must be an outstanding communicator and rapport-builder with parents.
Required and preferred qualifications:
- Associate of Arts degree, or equivalent work experience in business or accounting
- Minimum of two (2) years general office experience
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently
- Strong Excel and Word proficiency
- Strong mathematical skills
- High level of integrity and reliability
- Strong initiative to meet deadlines consistently
- Focused on continuous learning and developing new skills
- Clearance of CBI check, Central Registry check and drug screen
Mile High Early Learning Offers:
• 4+ weeks of paid time off
• Employee discount for child care (65%)
• Health insurance (as low as $139/mth)
• Dental insurance (at no cost for employee only coverage)
• Short term, Long term, and Life Insurance (no cost)
• Retirement Plan with employer match
• Flexible spending for Health & Dependent Care expenses
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Mile High Early Learning is a drug-free work place and we perform pre-employment drug screenings.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.