Posted on Sep 18, 2021 by Cohort Intelligence
Make a difference to patients who need you the most. Be their advocate. Empower them to take charge of their own health, and transform their lives through thoughtful, caring, and committed engagement.
This is not your typical Medical Assistant role. If drawing labs and taking vitals is what you are looking for, this is not the job for you. But, if you want to be paid to spend meaningful time with the patients we serve, helping remove barriers to care and social isolation, keep reading!
At Engooden Health, we provide exceptional quality of telephonic care to patients living with two or more chronic conditions. If you join our team, youll do so as a Patient Care Navigator; Medical Assistant doesnt do justice to the life changing work this team does every day. We consider Patient Care Navigators to be Superheroes, but you wont find spandex in the job requirements. You will talk with your patients by phone and create rewarding, long-term relationships as you provide them with Chronic Care Management (CCM) services including education, coaching, and advocacy. You will act as an extension of the physician office staff to help patients better understand their disease, set and achieve healthcare targets, and improve and maintain their overall quality of life.
You will also join an organization that wants to help you grow your career in healthcare, that lives its core values in every way, and builds its strategies around how to give patients better care. We are excited and enriched by the work we do at Engooden and we go home every day proud of the difference we make.
Engoodens mission is to transform patient lives by building lifelong relationships with them.
Through these ongoing relationships, we help patients prevent avoidable hospital stays, fight loneliness and anxiety, and relieve the stress and confusion that comes from trying to navigate a complex health system.
Duties will include:
- Engage/enroll eligible patients, educate them on the value of our CCM services, and obtain verbal consent for services
- Provide ongoing, proactive services through monthly calls that include:
- Assessing patients current health status and identify concerns and areas for improvement
- Providing education related to medical conditions and factors impacting patients health
- Setting health-related goals based on medical conditions & patients priorities
- Identifying and assist in closing clinical and non-clinical care gaps
- Empowering patients to make sustainable health behavior changes to improve their well-being
- Continually providing motivation, encouragement, and support
- Communicating with patients medical providers regarding important items such as new or worsening symptoms or medication access and adherence (per protocols)
- Sharing community resource options to help patients access the necessary resources at the right time (e.g., transportation, food)
- Respond to patients, providers and team leaders
- Create, update, and maintain care plans using Engoodens proprietary software
- Maintain productivity and quality metrics as defined
- High School Diploma/GED
- Medical Assistant (Certified or Registered MAs preferred)
- 1 or more years of experience in healthcare or a related field (3-5 years preferred)
- Family practice, internal medicine, and geriatrics office experience preferred
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours per week)
- A home office with reliable internet and quiet, uninterrupted working space
- Empathetic and active listener
- Effective time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient computer skills including Electronic Health Record, Microsoft programs and Google Suite
- Ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment
- Certified/Registered Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant or Social Worker preferred
- Experience with chronic medical conditions
- Strong relationship building/social skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Fluency in a foreign language (especially Spanish) is helpful but not required
What you do matters. Engooden takes care of you, so that you can take care of your patients.
- Paid Time Off
- Company Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Cohort Connects Program
- Mental Health Support Tools
- All necessary equipment is provided (e.g., laptop)
Powered by JazzHR
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.