Sr. Director, Applications Development
Posted on Sep 17, 2021 by CV-Library
Sr. Director, Applications Development (JR(phone number removed))
At Broadridge, we've built a culture where the highest goal is to empower others to accomplish more. If you’re passionate about developing your career, while helping others along the way, come join the Broadridge team.
As a key leadership role, reporting to the VP of Application Development, the Software Delivery Manager is accountable for driving, managing, and coordinating resources and processes to deliver the application delivery for large scale client engagements, following Agile SAFe practices.
* Own and be accountable for the application delivery that provides the contracted solution scope for the end client.
* Collaborate with the Client Programme Manager to agree scope and schedule for delivery of all application deliverables
* Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
* Facilitate the PI planning event
* Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
* Take an active role in Communities of Practice, to drive continue improvement and share best practices across the community.
* Collaborate with Product Management and Technical Architects in understanding the detailed requirements capture process and plan for the scheduling of these inputs into the application delivery plan
* Ensure that the delivery plan is oriented to manage risk as well as delivery of change
* Pro-actively coordinate the various application teams to prioritise, plan and deliver all changes in a schedule that is agreed with the Client Programme Manager
* Provide leadership to the application teams and hold the owners to account for their delivery commitments and quality
* Own the delivery plan for the overall solution delivery and report progress against it to the Steering Committee
* Work collaboratively and positively to assess and overcome issues with deliveries and/or stakeholder expectations (both internal and external stakeholders)
* Ability to use foresight and planning to navigate challenges and risks along the consolidated application delivery plan
* Recognition of improvement areas through the SDLC process and proposal of initiatives to improve quality, nimbleness, time to market and cost
* Represent Broadridge application delivery at internal programme steering meetings and external client status update meetings
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Experience in management / leadership positions in a software development organization with a record of successful delivery of software applications
* Experience with multiple standard SDLC processes, particularly Agile SAFe, ideally certified SAFe Release Train Engineer
* Strong understanding of the software development cycle
* Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills
* Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
* High command of verbal and written English
* Excellent Interpersonal skills
* Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
* Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
* Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth