Project Manager - Interior Design
Posted on Sep 17, 2021 by W Design
Join W Design
W Design Interiors in an award winning firm specializing in high-end residential and commercial interior design. Recognized for attention to detail, the firm captures a functional elegance through a sophisticated approach to design. From a Mountain Modern Colorado home to a seaside penthouse in Florida, W Design has the capability to execute any style across the nation and internationally. W Design has been featured in Best of Residential by Interior Design Magazine, Florida Design magazine, Elle Decor, Houzz, Dering Hall and more. With offices in Cleveland, Ohio and Naples, Florida, the W Design team has been providing their clients a full range of interior design services for over 15 years. Join them to carryout their mission to provide a unique lifestyle experience with comfort, quality, and beauty.
Project management entails the planning, the actual execution, and the successful completion of any given project from conception through construction and installation. Project Managers must possess the knowledge, experience, and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants and clients while successfully directing the site superintendent, estimator, and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract, schedule, and budget. This position is responsible for knowing the status of all orders, for creating and maintaining schedules and keeping Design Manager updated. This position also manages the day-to-day production on specific projects to meet deadlines accurately.
- Act as liaison between client, contractor, architect and internal teams.
- Implement budget for project investment.
- Maintain construction schedule
- Complete Friday updates to clients
- Manage workflow, oversee the completion of activities, and communicate progress to clients and team.
- Conduct site visits weekly and schedule client meetings as needed.
- Update project meeting calendar
- Organize progress between Designers and Project Management Team
- Issue minutes of all site meetings.
- Expedite project punch lists.
- Oversee project closure and final billing
- Schedule project installations
- Send all client proposals and place orders
- Liaison with Accounting on project billing
- Be informed on status of all orders and damages.
- Completing time sheets daily and entering Design Manager.
- Complete Friday updates to clients.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in presentations and in writing.
- Proven ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision.
- Proven ability to prioritize to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Use Photoshop, In Design, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office products.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, against tight deadline.
- Proven ability to interact with senior management, external client organizations and vendors.
- Strong understanding of construction terms, scheduling, and planning concepts.
- Knowledge of furniture, fixture, and equipment (FF&E) architectural/interior finishes, lighting, color, and material to carry out design intent.
- Time management, organizational presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail.
- Works well on teams and independently.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Experience (years of experience required)
- 6-8+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years administrative experience