Network Security Engineer
Posted on Sep 17, 2021 by SuisseCo GmbH
Please note that for this role, relocation to Switzerland is required. We are only able to hire EU-27 citizens or candidates with an existing Swiss working permit/citizenship.
SuisseCo specializes in the international recruitment and placement of highly qualified IT specialists in Switzerland. We support our clients in the implementation of their IT projects and guarantee quick and flexible solutions of the highest quality.
For one of our clients in the banking industry we are currently looking for a Network Security Engineer
Start date: November 2021
Duration: 12 months
Location: Zurich (40% onsite, 60% remote from within Switzerland)
- Support for PaloAlto Firewalls with automation
- Code in one of the following: Python, Ansible
- Provide network and network security functions and tools available in Microsoft Azure and AWS, leveraging the full cloud provider stack including Traffic Manager, Software Load Balancer, Application Gateway, cloud-native Firewalls etc.
- Design and documentation of file control policy
- Investigation of automation options using Rest API
- Take on an active role in designing and maintaining the confidentiality, availability and integrity of our on-prem and cloud systems.
- Provide expertise with IPsec, VPN, routing protocols, network monitoring, applications deployment, troubleshooting tools and concepts and provides a bridge between the Security Architecture and Service Delivery.
- Migration concept
- Administration impact
- New features
- Lab testing
- Upgrade procedure
- Documentation of upgrade procedure
- Creation of technical documentation
- Solution design
- Configuration guides
- Configuration templates
Essentials Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of the experience in Network security Firewall area
- Hands on experience with coding in one of the languages Python or Ansible
- Network security experience with cloud providers - Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Deep understanding of industry-standard Firewall technologies
- Experience with Security Governance and Compliance topics
- Extensive experience using rest APIs for automation
- Proven knowledge of testing and certifying new Firewall features and functionalities
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Good command of English both written and spoken
- Ability to work in a multicultural global environment
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Able to collaborate with team members
- Strong analytical and presentation skills