Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Big Data Cloud
Posted on Sep 17, 2021 by Lucid Motors
Oakland, CA 94603
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of gainful employment within the United States
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's guidelines on their first day of employment.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered. To submit for your medical or religious exemption, please complete our secure form here. Once reviewed, a member of our employee relations team will reach out to you with a determination.
We are looking for a Senior SRE Engineer - Big Data, who enjoys thinking big and looking to make their mark on an incredibly fast-growing company. In this role you will maintain, monitor recover a highly scalable infrastructure for data processing platform using AWS Cloud and Kubernetes. If building large and building fast, working with a very talented team of engineers, and collaborating with the brightest mind in the Automotive industry is what you like, Lucid is the best to experience it.The Role
- Maintain, Enhance and Monitor a highly scalable infrastructure for data processing platform using Kubernetes
- Using AWS Cloud and open source services to address critical business needs
- Ensure the 24/7 availability of the system, with proper alerting and monitoring
- Identify and fix bugs and performance issues in the platform
- Utilize continuous delivery (CI/CD) with Gitlab CI, Jenkins, ArgoCD, Artifactory, Docker
- Data pipeline and application monitoring and failure recovery
- Setup and monitor application access and connectivity
- Advocate for a DevOps culture of automation, self-service, and engineering best practices to enable development teams
- Autoscaling and monitoring performance for Kubernetes and running applications using Prometheus and Grafana or similar tools
- Performing all SRE activities such as availability and reliability monitoring and reports
- Tune, Monitor and configure tools such as Kafka, Spark, Presto, Airflow, MQTT
- Use infrastructure as a service with Terraform
- operate and maintain code repository with GitLab.
- Comprehensive experience with AWS including a solid understanding Amazon S3, EC2, IAM, EKS, Networking and Security
- Extensive Experience with Kubernetes and tools such as ArgoCD
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps, Terraform and Helm charts
- Experience with streaming application monitoring and maintenance
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in SRE or DevOps engineering
- Proven experience working with large scale big data platforms
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, etc. to build automation, CI/CD, Self-Service pipelines and Route 53
- Experienced in design and implement reliable, scalable, and performant distributed systems and data pipelines
- Extensive programming experience, especially in Bash, Python or Golang
- Experience with Containerization, including Docker
- Experience with running large-scale distributed computing infrastructure such as Spark, Hive, Presto, Zookeeper
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies : Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.