Principal Cloud Platform Architect
Posted on Sep 17, 2021 by loanDepot
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for "future," was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas-it's a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot - We are America's Lender.
Responsible for the creation of a cloud-first technology framework at loanDepot. Provides technical leadership in support of loanDepot's initiatives in cloud computing and automation, with an emphasis on the design of systems and services that run on cloud platforms. Ensures that all new platforms are designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery and leads the effort to migrate legacy systems to the cloud. Plays an integral part of loanDepot's Cloud Strategy Team that provides architectural leadership and best practices for the rest of the technology organization. This position ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company's policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Provides technical and expert leadership in support of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability).
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for loanDepot cloud end-to-end architecture, including Microsoft Azure and future providers, networking, provisioning, and management.
- Oversees the design and plan to migrate loanDepot's on-prem datacenter to the cloud and implementation of Disaster Recovery Solutions in the cloud.
- Develops, administers, maintains, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security, governance, quality, integrity, and availability of the company's infrastructure platforms both on-prem and in the cloud.
- Provides leadership and backs decisions with research and the "why," and articulates several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation.
- Ensures business partner success in designing, building, and migrating applications, software, and services to LD's cloud platform.
- Maintains overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Develops solutions architecture and evaluates architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services.
- Introduces new technologies to the organization in a planful approach.
- Defines optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Strong knowledge of "traditional" IT infrastructure - Server virtualization, Load balancers, Data Storage, Networking, etc.
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates successful teamwork experience and leadership abilities.
- Expert level troubleshooting, design, and engineering capabilities.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in nonstandardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Minimum five (5) + years' experience in architecting cloud solutions with one of the major cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Experience and understanding of the latest development tools and technologies required.
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies.
- Experience working with infrastructure automation tools - Terraform, Ansible, Powershell, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Azure (primary), Amazon Web Services (Secondary), other public cloud providers, and VMWare implementations.
- Expert level experience with implementing/migrating Disaster Recovery solutions in the public cloud.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and a minimum of ten (10) + years' experience with application, infrastructure, database, and networking architecture.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO (Discretionary Time Off) in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.