Salesforce Technical Architect
Posted on Sep 17, 2021 by Perficient, Inc.
At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
The technical architect role at Perficient plays a crucial part in our Salesforce strategy. It requires not only a high degree of skill in our technological solutions, but also requires a high degree of consulting, relationship building and management, and an ability to see the grand vision that our solutions can bring to a client. A technical architect utilizes a consultative approach to explain solutions that they have designed with an engineering mindset. They must be able to speak to a wide range of audiences from highly technical to strictly business focused. The technical architect will work in parallel with the client consultant on an account. The client consultant will represent the business process and vision, while the technical architect delivers the technical solutions and roadmap to fulfill the business needs and visions.
As a technical architect you are responsible for successfully designing and managing the delivery of cloud based solutions and technologies. These technologies include, but are not limited to, Salesforce.com , Force.com , Apex/Visualforce, Amazon Web Services, Heroku, iOS, Android, ETL technologies, Sitecore, and .NET. You will also be responsible for maintaining an ongoing comprehensive understanding of various cloud-computing ecosystems. The technical architect will own the technological landscape, security, integration and data model design, and process creation for all projects for the clients they are assigned to.
You will own the overall technology roadmap and vision for each client you are assigned to. As such, it is your responsibility to maintain and grow the relationships within the account to ensure a strong long-term partnership with the client's technology teams and leadership. You will work closely with client consultants, engagement managers, project managers, as well as the technology teams to ensure projects are on-time, on-budget, and of the highest quality, as well as adhere to the technology roadmap that you have laid out.
- Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Work with application developers, users, operational leadership, and subject matter experts to understand current and future operational data analysis goals. Recommend modern technology stacks to meet those goals and help engineering teams migrate towards their use.
- Collaborate with the customer's operations and technology leadership on the future analytic goals of the organization, and design a technical architecture to meet those goals. Participate in configuring the architecture, and advise engineering teams on its efficient use.
- Lead a work stream or act as a team lead and manage non-complex components of the work plan/project.
- Utilize analytical, process, and/or technical skills to meet project objectives and deliverables that are self-directed and within project scope.
Why you'll love this job (Responsibilities)
You enjoy working closely both with internal teams, and directly with clients to architect technology solutions to fulfill clients' needs and visions for their marketing technology infrastructures.
- You are a visionary. You are able to help clients see the big picture even though it may be many steps away.
- You are a leader and a mentor. You enjoy coaching the development teams.
- You are passionate about quality and work hard to enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions.
- You take ownership of your projects and ensure that quality standards are met from the beginning of the project all the way through delivery and support.
- You enjoy building relationships with people. You strive to be seen as a trusted advisor to our clients.
- You realize that great team work is core to successful projects and work hard to ensure the project teams are aligned, utilized, and focused throughout the project.
- You are passionate about technology and stay up to date on the latest tools, languages, methodologies, and news relating to enterprise software development and marketing technology.
- You can communicate effectively to various audiences. You can easily explain a complex technical solution to a business user, or a business case to a technical person.
- You enjoy working with clients in a consultative manner, and strive to help them make the best technology decisions possible.
- You are passionate about delivering documentation and consulting to help clients understand and support the technologies and processes we are building for them.
What you bring to Perficient (Requirements)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent Business.
- 8+ years' experience in developing technology solutions.
- 5+ years' experience in managing external client projects in positions of increasing responsibility in the delivery of business consulting and systems development.
- Cross-cloud Salesforce experience including Maketing Cloud
Proven ability to design, optimize and integrate business processes across disparate systems.
- Extraordinary client facing skills with the ability to solve the client's needs and manage scope in a positive way.
- Experience with authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams.
Experience with ETL tools.
- Experience developing and deploying custom end user systems.
- Have thorough understanding of OOP, design patterns, and enterprise application integration.
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Skilled in all aspects of system design including data modeling, integration design, business process implementation, etc.
- Able to travel 25% or more of the time
Additional desired experience
Experience with a professional consulting organization (e.g. Big 5 consulting).
- Ability to organize and lead client sessions that result in clear requirements and technical design, even when working with non-technical members of client teams.
- Ability to generate client sign-off and commitment to these designs and the solution.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.