Database Management Specialist-level Ii with Security Clearance
Posted on Sep 17, 2021 by Universal Consulting Services
Job Description The successful candidate will be responsible for the following : Seeking a motivated, mission-oriented Database Management Specialist to work at Ft. Detrick in Frederick, MD. They will perform as a thought leader and expert responsible for data migration and conversion efforts focused on solutions to achieve the DHA goal of a single financial application for all Defense Health programs. This work is in support of a suite of systems that are instrumental in the management of Medical Logistics (MEDLOG) business processes in Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs), warehouses and in-field environments.. Perform database administration and maintenance activities, to include patching and upgrades.
* Provide database and systems administration support for software deployment operations, data migration and conversion, and other critical production operations support activities as required.
* Provide expertise on database activities required to support deployment planning.
* Support database provisioning and maintenance to accomplish task objectives.
* Evaluate and execute conversion routines/scripts and verify successful completion.
* Support decommissioning efforts of deployed systems and hardware.
* Perform database administration and maintenance, to include:
* Monitor database performance statistics and recommend improvements.
* Load databases as requested.
* Database management with respect to performance tuning, capacity planning, and managing tables, indexes, constraints and views.
* Manage users and security.
* Site monitoring.
* Stability, backup/recovery and database integrity.
* Control and redo log files.
* Proactively identify and communicate issues, risks, and progress to customer, contractor team, and IT stakeholders, providing options and next steps. #CB Requirements Preferred Qualifications :. Experience supporting Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities to include documentation and resolving database-related POA&M findings.. Experience contributing as part of an Agile team.. Provide superior customer service; possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic customer centric environment.. Highly motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.. Excellent problem solving skills. Desired Experience : 5+ years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Server DBA. Some Oracle and MongoDB experience a plus. Desired Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field. Security Requirements: Public Trust Clearance Possess an approved IAT Level I, or higher, certification: A+, CCNA Security, Network+, SSCP Summary Universal Consulting Services, Inc. (UCS) is a rapidly growing Government contractor known for our expertise in health and IT solutions. Our driven, passionate professionals are catalysts for improving performance across all levels of Government. We have been recognized as one of Washington Technology's FAST 50 for our tremendous success as a woman-owned business, in addition to inclusion on Inc. Magazine's 5000 list of the fastest-growing companies in America. Our clients include, but are not limited to, the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, and Department of Treasury. UCS offers a generous benefits package including: 401(k) with match Vacation, 7 paid sick days and 10 paid holidays UCS paid Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Medical, dental and vision Voluntary Life for employee, spouse and children Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Protection Plan, Accident Insurance UCS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.