Posted on Sep 17, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Database Engineer vacancy for a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Information Technology or Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in working with Databases, SQL and PL/SQL, familiarity with Oracle is a strong plus
- Sound understanding of complex data schemas and data architecture
- Proficiency in Datamodelling, performance tuning and in optimising database systems
- Background in large projects and on large scale, performance sensitive software systems
- Awareness of banking topics such as financial Instruments, portfolio theory, portfolio management processes, advisory process and regulations is beneficial
- Knowhow of Java including JDBC and JPA as well as of Liquibase is desirable
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken, German is a plus
- Defining, documenting and maintaining the logical and the physical data model
- Analysing database production issues and performance bottlenecks
- Driving standardisation and innovation topics in order to evolve the database setup and infrastructure in close collaboration with the architecture community
- Ensuring consistency on how data is used and stored while executing and supporting production deployments
- Helping the delivery teams with the creation of database designs and artifacts including tables, views, scripts and stored procedures
- Providing support and consult for delivery teams, especially regarding performance related optimisations
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.