Cashiers and Food Clerks - Homer Glen, IL
Posted on Sep 17, 2021 by Meijer;Meijer
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Meijer is looking for individuals to join the Meijer family in the following positions:
Cashiers (Must be at least 21 years of age)
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED; TRAINING PROVIDED
MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER FORM MOST POSITIONS; 21 FOR CASHIER POSITIONS
PREVIOUS CASHIER, FOOD SERVICE, RESTAURANT, LAW ENFORCEMENT, SECURITY, GROCERY OR RETAIL EXPERIENCE A PLUS
A career at Meijer is more than a way to pay the bills. We provide a variety of benefits that contribute to a positive work-life balance:
- Competitive Wages
- Weekly Pay
- Education Reimbursement
- Career Growth
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10% Team Member Discount
- ....and Much More
As a Cashier, you will craft quality customer experiences by providing efficient, effective customer service in the checkout lane that creates a positive and lasting impact on Meijer customers.
Click here for an overview of the position.
What You'll be Doing:
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- You create 'WOW' moments that have a positive and lasting impact on our customers.
- Complete transactions, handle money in all forms responsibly and maintain accuracy of point of sale purchases.
- Use good eye contact and body language, displaying a friendly and outgoing attitude.
- Be prepared to handle customer questions adequately and appropriately.
- Build trustful relationships with customers to encourage return visits.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- 18 years of age or older.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Desire to work with customers.
- Previous retail or customer experience preferred but not required.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Friendly outgoing attitude.
- Ability to operate cashier register system.