Digital Product Owner
Posted on Sep 16, 2021 by TechUK
Digital Product Owner
techUK brings together people, businesses and government to provide a better future for society, the economy and the planet. Working with innovative companies of all shapes and sizes - from emerging start-ups to large household names - we work to unlock the exciting potential of digital technologies.
How we engage, communicate and collaborate with our stakeholders is fundamental to our mission, and we're looking for a creative and dynamic Digital Product Owner who can take the web and CRM systems we use to do this to the next level.
This is a role with real responsibility and plenty of opportunity to develop: the successful candidate will be able to use their energy and experience to drive measurable business transformation. techUK aims to be data-driven and digitally-enabled, and the website and CRM that you will oversee sit at the heart of that mission.
To do this, you will need to be able to work with colleagues from across the organisation to identify user and business needs and translate these into an actionable roadmap. You will be able to prioritise competing demands on the digital team's time and resources and work with our external partners to agree delivery schedules and ensure that they are met. You will oversee user testing and deployment of new features and fixes and will use your excellent communication skills to drive adoption amongst your colleagues.
The role will be based in our Central London office and you will work closely with our small and friendly team. techUK is open to agile working and there is scope for some of your work to be home-based if you wish - this can be discussed further at the offer stage.
If you're excited by innovation and are ready to take the next step on your career, then techUK wants to hear from you!
To oversee the improvement of our website and Dynamics 365 CRM system and ensure that the insight and experience they deliver supports techUK's vision and business goals.
- Define and help deliver the roadmap for improving our website and Dynamics 365 CRM;
- Work with a diverse set of colleagues from across the business to identify user needs and set priorities;
- Manage relationships with external partners and contractors to ensure projects are delivered and issues are addressed in an efficient and timely manner;
- Oversee the testing and deployment of new features and fixes to our web and CRM systems;
- Work with teams from across techUK to deliver insights from our data that drive measurable improvements to our business;
- Support and train users on our website and CRM systems;
- Contribute ideas for new tools, processes and improvements;
- Problem solving: ability to identify issues and think through solutions;
- Understanding data: ability to deliver clean, maintainable and insightful systems;
- Systems design: ability to deliver efficient systems that support user needs;
- Communication and teamwork: ability to support and enhance the work of colleagues;
- Self-starter: ability to use initiative to proactively identify risks and opportunities;
- Organisation: ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise workload.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of digital product delivery or digital project management;
- Experience of working within an Agile environment and managing 3 rd party suppliers;
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 CRM systems;
- A strong understanding of data analysis and experience of translating insight into meaningful business improvements;
- Experience of change management and driving adoption of new tools and techniques;
- Experience of user support and training.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working for a membership organisation;
- Experience of working with REST APIs;
- Formal training in an Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban etc).
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
The salary range for this role is £33,000-£40,000 per annum based upon experience plus bonus and benefits.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£47.9k - £47.9k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£50k - £57k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual