.NET Application Developer
Posted on Sep 16, 2021 by State of CT Judicial Branch
The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch is seeking a .Net Application Developer (Information Technology Analyst III) for the Information Technology Division, Application Development and Support Unit. Qualified applicants will possess experience in the specific functional area of Software Development.
The successful candidate must be able to analyze, design, code and test highly complex software applications and have the ability to lead a technical team by providing guidance and mentorship to junior staff in order to move projects forward. The selected candidate will be required to work with database administrators and web administrators in order to configure, install and troubleshoot web applications and provide support for production issues.
Developer skills required include the ability to design, develop, enhance and maintain applications and services based on business requirements using Microsoft .Net technologies.
Qualified candidates must be proficient with:
- Visual Studio 2015 or above
- SQL Server 2016 databases
- HTML5, J-Query and CSS
- Windows & Web UI design principles
- Analyzing requirements, prioritizing and delegating tasks among team members
Proficiency with .Net includes the ability to:
- Develop Windows Form Applications and Web Services/Applications
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of at least one of the .Net languages (vb.net or C#)
- Develop identity aware applications using Active Directory
- Maintain and debug applications
Proficiency with SQL Server includes the ability to:
- Create, modify and debug stored procedures
- Create and modify table structures and relationships
- Normalize database tables
- Understand execution plans and query statistics
Additional skills considered to be a plus are:
- Knowledge of TFS / Azure DevOps
- Unit test creation (test driven development)
- Responsive design principles
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
In addition to the required qualifications, the candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written. It is necessary for the selected candidate to have the ability to manage the workload for projects, support daily on-going activities, resolve problems during and after working hours and to coordinate with other teams and work with all levels of technical and non-technical staff and management. This position requires a person with excellent technical skills along with the ability to foster a team environment.
Starting salary: $87,884 plus State of Connecticut benefits.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
General Experience: Eight (8) years of experience in information technology (IT), programming, systems/software development or another IT related field with a concentration in the specific area of the position being applied for.
Special Experience: One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the advanced working level with responsibility for performing a full range of moderately complex technical support functions as highlighted in one of functional area(s) listed above.
1) College training in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2) A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3) Relevant certification in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering, project management or related area may be substituted for up to six (6) months of the general experience.
Special Requirement: Incumbents may be required to travel within the State in the course of their daily work.
Applications must be received by September 20, 2021. Applications must be submitted through the on-line application site at: . Resumes or paper applications will not be accepted.
Please reference posting number 21-4000-008
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.