IT Project Manager
Posted on Sep 16, 2021 by CV-Library
London (Hybrid working)
£46k-£52k + Pension contribution + 30 days A/L
Our higher education client is looking to recruit an experienced technical IT Project Manager with a particular skill set and ability around senior stakeholder management, risk management and the effective management of multiple project service providers across the IT team.
The suitable candidate will be responsible for delivering the project from inception to closure and will work on complex projects which are typically of higher risk (technical, organisational, reputation), high value or are of strategic importance.
The IT Project Manager will need to have come from a technical IT background and have successfully delivered software projects. Experience of working on Transformational pieces of work is key
* To build strong effective relationships with business stakeholders ensuring that their needs and expectations are understood and managed.
* To manage the process of project progression through the full lifecycle within the University change delivery framework, following a mixture of Prince2 (waterfall) and Agile methods.
* To ensure formal project governance in line with the University framework for project delivery across both ICT Change personnel and business stakeholders.
* Defines and creates project plans for project, portfolio, and product prioritisation and implementation
* Projects include initiatives across information security, automation, reporting & business intelligence, user experience & enquiry management and technology enabled learning.
* Evaluates trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value
* Partners with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
* Builds, leads, and coaches multiple project teams throughout project lifecycles
* Facilitates all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects
* Assesses and resolves all high priority project risks as they are encountered
* Ensures all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards
* Continually updates relevant business stakeholder of project status
* Ensures all projects meet success parameters and ROI targets stated in business case
* Actively manages 3rd party relationships
* Extensive knowledge and experience of managing a portfolio of ICT projects across a diverse and complicated organisation
* Experience in Software Delivery Projects
* Must have a Technical IT background
* Experienced working in a large-scale IT Transformation programmes
* Experienced in Managing, motivate and engage staff successfully to deliver professional, high quality information technology solutions
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£60k - £60k Annual
£50k - £58k Annual
£500 - £500 Daily
£50k - £60k Annual
£50k - £57k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£40k - £52k Annual