Environmental & Sustainability Manager
Posted on Sep 16, 2021 by Overbury
London, United Kingdom
OVERBURY and Morgan Lovell are looking for an Environmental & Sustainability Manager
Reporting to - Joe Croft
Overbury and Morgan Lovell are fit out and refurbishment company's, we build and refurbish the facilities that other people work in.
Our success is founded on a set of open, honest beliefs that focus on our clients, their goals and what constitutes a successful project for them. Our long-term attitude underlines our business - 75% of projects are from repeat clients.
We have a culture of promoting from within, encouraging career development and being open to the fresh ideas and opinions of our team, however long they have been with us and whatever their position.
A bit about the role
• Provide sustainability advice to project teams
• Carry out internal auditing against ISO 14001, as well as auditing of high-risk third-party suppliers
• Develop, roll out and manage sustainability initiatives both in corporate offices and on site
• Develop and deliver internal training courses to support engagement in the subject of sustainability
• Compile internal benchmark reports on sustainability performance across all business divisions
• Carry out Embodied Carbon assessments
A bit about what we'd like you to bring to the role
• At least two years industry experience in a sustainability role
• A good understanding of the fit-out sector and the main challenges and opportunities that the industry faces in addressing sustainability
• Knowledge and demonstrable experience of environmental management systems, and environmental assessments (BREEAM, LEED & SKA)
• Knowledge of both voluntary and mandatory environmental and sustainability standards, as well as a basic understanding of environmental legislation
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders on sustainability issues
• Strong IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Most importantly, the candidate must be passionate about environmental issues, have a desire to help drive the sustainability agenda and have the ability to constructively challenge current mindsets.
We are looking for someone who's keen, helpful, curious, with an eye for detail, someone who thrives on engaging with people. We are open and willing to explore new ideas, especially if they enhance our approach so if you feel confident in identifying opportunities and communicating them to a wider audience this might be the role you've been holding out for.
Overbury and Morgan Lovell operate an Equal Opportunities Policy and are committed to building an organisation which actively promotes a culture that is free from discrimination. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.