Payroll Administrative Assistant - Ski & Ride School - Winter Seasonal
Posted on Sep 16, 2021 by Vail Resorts
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it's easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the "Top 25 Ski Towns in the World."
The Payroll Admin Assistant, Ski and Ride School will provide administrative support to the Ski and Ride School Management team and employees. They will be the first point of contact in assisting instructors with payroll issues. They will have a level of responsibility in processing payroll, maintaining electronic files, compliance tracking, and instructor scheduling. This is an integral role within the Ski School and will require the candidate to be well organized with excellent time management and organizational skills. We are seeking highly motivated candidates who understand how to take initiative and have the ability to act professionally and maintain confidentiality at all times. The person in this position will need to have a strong sense of self responsibility, organization, time management and be able to work under pressure.
- Must have adequate knowledge of and ability to use computer software (MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel) in order to handle work involving word processing, accounting data, project timelines and other applications that may become necessary to support the Administrative Supervisor.
- Overseeing daily data entry and the administrative team.
- Daily data entry.
- Help instructors understand their pay and paperwork.
- Process Payroll and HR paperwork. This will include working with our Corporate Payroll and local Human Resources team to process pay adjustments, expense reimbursements, etc.
- Maintaining electronic filing system (Access data entry, record maintenance, compliance tracking, etc.)
- Answering telephones and transferring to appropriate staff member.
- Assist in Instructor Scheduling for all Ski School.
- Prioritize and manage multiple assignments with fluctuating and time sensitive deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to work under tight deadlines and changing priorities with accuracy, dependability and a positive attitude.
- High School diploma required; 4 year college degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Ability to speak, read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Snow-sports background preferred.
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to act resourcefully and adapt to a changing environment while providing exceptional customer service skills to guests and employees alike.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Payroll and/or administrative experience preferred.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343307