Assistant Mechanical Engineer
Posted on Sep 16, 2021 by HEPCO INC.
HEPCO has a contract position available to work at one of our elite clients in NYC.
Normal Work Schedule and Location:
Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
50% Technical and 50% Administrative
Based out of New York, NY 10004 office but requires 20% field travel.
A Bachelor' s degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university and one year of Full time satisfactory experience in mechanical engineering work.
A master's degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited college can only be used to substitute for one year of Full time satisfactory work experience in mechanical engineering.
A minimum of 1 year of design/construction experience as an Assistant Mechanical Engineer for large and/or complex project. The candidate must be able to co-ordinate design with multiple design disciplines, design consultants, various operating departments, and outside agencies. Also, be able to maintain appointment calendar, schedule meetings/field trips, prepare minutes of the meeting, compile and transmit comments and material for meetings and organize documents. Perform other duties as assigned by the Design Manager.
Special Skills/Training Requirements:
Ability to read and interpret contract drawings and specifications. Familiar with Design Management Procedures and in-depth knowledge of mass transit facilities. Ability to communicate effectively with excellent written/verbal communications and computer (MS Office Suites) skills. Must be able to prepare and conduct Powerpoint presentations.
Description of Work:
The candidate will be responsible for co-ordination of design with multiple design disciplines, design consultants, various operating departments, and outside agencies. Also, responsible for maintaining appointment calendar, schedule meetings/field trips, prepare minutes of the meeting, compile and transmit comments and material for meetings and organize documents.
In addition, the following may also be required:
- Attend Design Progress Meetings and conduct Field Trips to investigate and document various field conditions.
- Perform various support tasks such as Master Plans, Design EFA, Design Progress Reports, Project Status Reports, Distribution of documents for review and monitor comments log.
- Prepare Excel, Access and Word reports including graphs, bar charts, plots, etc.
- Provide support in processing consultant payments, prepare Bid Documents.
- Perform various document control activities including logs, reports etc.
- Monitor cost control reports and take corrective action.
- Other Capital Program support as deemed appropriate by the Design Manager.