Posted on Sep 16, 2021 by Edissero Ltd
Technical Author - machinery/engineering
- Are you an engineering professional with solid experience in machinery, controls and automation?
- Are you an accomplished writer, either as a technical author or as part of your current role?
- Does your writing repertoire include creating a range of hardware, software and maintenance procedures?
- Do you want to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment where your ideas for taking a company forward as a technology leader will be championed and valued?
- Would you enjoy working in a place where you can see first-hand what it is you're documenting?
Then look no further as this could be the role for you!
Working within the engineering department as the sole technical author for our multinational client, you will be responsible for producing, editing and updating a mixture of hardware and software documentation for a range of CNC machines and associated ancillary equipment and tooling. You'll also be tasked with continuously developing and improving the documentation and the processes behind it, whilst contributing ideas to propel the company to the forefront of their field.
- Solid experience writing hardware and software documentation, and ideally an engineering/machinery/manufacturing background.
- An enthusiastic, experienced, self-sufficient technical author who understands what's needed to make consistently good quality documentation.
- Technical illustration experience.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and develop strong relationships with other team members is critical in this collaborative role.
- A confident, curious, self-starter with very good people skills.
- Experience using the following software would be useful: Vector Drawing/Photo Manipulation Software, Autodesk Inventor or other CAD package.
This role offers an excellent salary and benefits package alongside a hybrid working model. The office is easily accessible by car or public transport.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£400 - £500 Daily
£35k - £43k Annual
£65k - £65k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£120k - £125k Annual
£70k - £75k Annual