Senior DevOps Engineer - Media Group - Perm - Amsterdam
Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by Apollo Solutions
Senior DevOps Engineer - Leading Media Group - Perm - Amsterdam
For a large Media group in the Benelux we're looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer for in their Tech department. De group holds various brands within (online)news papers, TV, magazines and radio.
The role is based in Amsterdam Netherlands.
In your role you take the lead, mentor Junior and Medior engineers, take technical decisions and liaise with key decision-makers within the business! This particular department is focused on the personalization of their product base - hence you'll be working with other engineers, data analyst, data scientist and research experts.
Focus of your role:
- Taking a full DevOps mindset-approach in terms of automation with the use of Infrastructure as code
- Strategize on and taking the lead in making technical decisions on solutions, leading and guiding your team - setting strong DevOps foundations
- Enabling a continued and effective code review process with strong CICD pipelines in place
- Managing monitoring, logging, alerting - ready to handle complex workloads and scalability
- You have a 3-8 years experience in working in a technical role
- A strong Software Engineering background, you're coming from the Development side and can code in Python or Node.js
- You have experience with cloud-native toolings such as Azure, or AWS and Kubernetes
- You know data analytics frameworks such as Kafka, RDB, Lambda and serverless Architecture
Remote working & Location
The role is based in the Amsterdam office - at the moment the company is working remotely and they are looking to a hybrid way of working after Covid - flexible working from home and in the office. The role is not fully remote.
This role is a permanent position at the Media group.
Benefits to you
- A strong competitive, experience-based salary
- A one-year or permanent contract
- 36-hour work week
- A percentage of profit shares
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- 24 paid holiday days
- A great pension scheme
- Fully paid functional technical training
Looking around for your next opportunity and got excited reading this job description- don't hesitate and apply now!