Bloomberg PORT/AIM consultant - onsite desired - 6-month initial - UN-agency-client - EN-speaking
Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for one "Bloomberg PORT/AIM consultant" to start from November/December 2021 a 6-month initial contract (extensions possible) for an international Org' -client in ROME, where ON-SITE is desired, but there is some flexibility for REMOTE work possible. Possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability. English speaking environment. Our client is an international organisation in Rome and a great reference in any CV!
Our UN-client seeks the services of a consultant to provide services to support integrated, cloud-based end-to- end systems solution to support its Treasury function.
The consultant will support the integration of UN-client's treasury management system (TMS), Bloomberg AIM/PORT Enterprise, MarkitWire, and the new asset and liability management (ALM) system, with the existing financial services infrastructure. The end result must fulfil the business requirements of providing TRE with a trade order management system and enhanced portfolio analytics, and at seamlessly adding compatibility between the aforementioned products in order to achieve operational efficiency and economies of scale.
The key business requirements that are particularly essential for project management, implementation, testing, coordination and support are as follows:
- Bloomberg PORT/AIM to go live (replacing Treasury database)
- Trade order management system (TOMS) to perform:
- Pre-trade compliance
- Electronic trade placement and ticket generation
- Post-trade compliance
- Automation of settlements (integration to SWIFT)
- Audit trail for best execution verifications
- Derivatives trade reporting interface to Custodian and to TMS via MarkitWire
- Limit structure based on investment guidelines overview
- Enhanced portfolio analytics to perform:
- Scenario analysis
- Risk modelling
- Performance reporting
The Trade order management system (TOMS) functionality is currently being performed for UN-client's investment portfolio by a customized TRE database, while only basic portfolio analytics functionality is being provided by Bloomberg PORT. UN-client's Treasury Services Division (TRE) is seeking to reduce its reliance on the current bespoke TRE system to the extent that it can be replaced by a commercial TOMS software solution, while also seeking to enhance its portfolio analytics capabilities through upgraded Bloomberg analytics and performance measurement tools.
It should be noted that the bespoke TRE system performs other key functions to support TRE bank account liquidity management and hence the bespoke TRE system would need to remain in operation until other commercial system solutions are implemented to address these incremental functional areas.
- Assist with project management for the division of the implementation, coordination, testing and monitoring of the execution of TRE's functional requirements outlined in the aforementioned scope of services in respect of the treasury management system, Bloomberg AIM/PORT Enterprise, MarkitWire, and UN-client's selected asset and liability management (ALM) solution;
- Support the drafting of specifications, implementation and testing of the electronic capture and flow of all trades executed in Bloomberg or confirmed in MarkitWire via a straight-through processing solution between Bloomberg and the treasury management system;
- Participate in developing and testing full-life cycle support for fixed- and floating-rate bonds, callable or puttable bonds, foreign exchange (FX) transactions, repos and reverse repos, time deposits, commercial papers, certificates of deposit, and derivatives including interest rate swaps, currency swaps and currency forwards with capability to facilitate swap-related collateral management in both cash and securities;
Support the development and upgrade of the interface tools between UN-client's existing financial infrastructure, treasury management system, various repositories in the division, and the aforementioned systems for rollout, including Bloomberg AIM/PORT Enterprise, MarkitWire and the new ALM solution;
- Upgrade and integrate, as far as possible, the existing tools including spreadsheets for monitoring the compliance of investment portfolios with performance benchmarks and exposure limits specified in UN-client's investment guidelines;
Develop analytical tools/models for the division, including but not limited to performance attribution reports and cash flow planning tools with daily, weekly or monthly periodicity;
- Assess, monitor and reconcile investment performance reports and risk management reports produced by the division, including post-trade deal limit checking, investment maturity schedule, and other user-driven reports, calculations and query tools ;
- Support the development of a document management system, and upgrade the collection, linkage and storage of trade-related electronic documents on historical performance, portfolio data, instrument characteristics, among others.
- We expect a consultant with at least three years relevant experience in the project management and implementation of Bloomberg PORT and/or AIM as well as the development and automation of quantitative tools and applications in investment management. Prior experience in the rollout of MarkitWire is a plus.
- Expertise and experience in performing the tasks, preferably for the United Nations, or for a similar international institution (such as the World Bank, African Development Bank, Asian Development Bank), or other international financial organizations (eg investment banks, top- tier asset managers), or a national organization providing support on a global scale (eg central bank), in the last 3 years will be considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (mandatory).
The estimated duration of services is six (6) months after signature of contract with Rome as the duty station. Any teleworking arrangements must be cleared with UN-client and will be required to adhere to UN-client's internal policies and regulations.
AWARD & OTHERS
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described for off-site work.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.