Housing Administrative Assistant - Winter Seasonal - Full Time
Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We're Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you're ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we'd love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick Pay and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education
Steamboat Ski & Resort Human Resources Housing Office is looking for admin assistance this winter. Must have one year of general office experience and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Greet and assist housing applicants, staff, managers and tenants with the housing process through various means including telephone, email, or onsite visitation
- Assist tenants with housing questions, reporting maintenance issues, lease information, check in/out procedures, sensitive issues.
- Maintain and file tenant records.
- Collect and process rent payments.
- Show units to potential tenants.
- Communicate duties to Resident Managers as needed.
- Provide administrative support to other areas of Human Resources as needed including department orientations, etc.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements.
- Attend team meetings, as required.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Minimum skills, experience, and education for this job:
- High School diploma or GED required; college graduate or equivalent experience, a plus
- Must have a minimum one-year previous administrative experience; preferably in a property management, accounting, or human resources environment
- Strong data entry proficiency and ability to work a wide variety of software programs including: Windows, Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Outlook), Photoshop, Publisher, Rent Manager, RTP
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation's Service Excellence standards
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with staff, applicants, tenants, and guests in a positive, enthusiastic and professional manner in a busy and sometimes stressful environment
- Must have proper office and phone etiquette
- Previous cash handling skills, required with knowledge of accounting principles
- Must maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Must be minimum 18 years of age
- Must speak and write clearly and professionally in English
- Must sit and operate keyboard for long periods of time
- Must walk, climb up and down stairs; often in inclement weather conditions
- Must lift 25 lbs. (office supplies, paper, occasional furniture or furnishings)
- Must have a current driver's license and successfully pass a post job offer motor vehicle and criminal background check
- Resume required
- This is an hourly paid position subject to overtime pay
- Must successfully pass post job offer criminal background and motor vehicle record check.
- Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
The base hourly range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly rate: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer