Escalation Support Engineer
Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by Elevate Direct
€250 - €280 Daily
Escalation Support Engineer - Cork, Ireland
Our client, a market leading, multinational tech company based in Cork is now looking for a Escalation Support Engineer for a daily rate contract position.
Working with a team of experts and reporting into the Service Delivery Manager, the ideal candidate will be responsible for installation and maintenance of diverse hardware/software systems and supporting large user groups. You will also have responsibility for supporting multiple hardware/software applications and play a significant role in selection and evaluation of hardware and software, while also analysing business needs and recommending ways to optimize PC hardware resources in achieving business objectives.
- Monitor Global Command Center hotlines, GCC Info center tool, and email for escalation of critical issues/outages impacting business line. Escalations can be made via the Service Desk, Application teams, and Infrastructure teams.
- Triage and perform impact assessment on all escalations following defined processes, selecting appropriate next steps
- Cross-Team coordination through conference bridge lines and other communications methods, ensuring all parties drive to resolution
- Timely communication of potential and confirm business impacting events to stakeholders. Status communications through to resolution.
- Excellent communications skill both verbal and written, and able to communicate succinct, accurate, and timely fashion. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and challenges to various Pfizer business lines.
- Accept responsibility and exhibit a take charge' demeanor, be it in managing an incident or facilitating process improvement
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct technical delivery teams through restoration activities; strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills with broad understanding of the infrastructure environment, deep, technology-specific knowledge not required
- Knowledge and experience of ITIL Service Management Lifecycle Framework (Incident/Problem and Change Management) processes with PC Knowledge in IM/MS Outlook/Service Center/SharePoint/MS Office Excel/PowerPoint/Word, etc.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable multinational in the Cork market on an interesting project. This company prides itself on its career progression, opportunities and forward thinking.