Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by Project People
In Project People we have a fantastic opportunity for a Programme Manager to complete Global Transactions Activities: Service Architecture/Documentation, Service, Desk Set up, GPMO Logistics Set Up, Service Rehearsals, Service Readiness Reviews, Portal Setup, SCOM Monitoring, Security Readiness, Hypercare.
The Program Manager will own the overall leadership and has ultimate accountability for the program unless there is a Program Director in the role of Program Lead. Will deliver the program in accordance with the direction and vision provided by the business unit and customer. Where there is no Program Director engaged is accountable for the effective management of the projects or functional activities within the program, their risks, issues, conflicts, priorities, resources, and communications, ensuring delivery of the new capabilities and benefits. Is responsible for maintaining the linkages between the program and the organization's business case, ensuring the contracted customer's strategy and business targets are met by the program deliverables. Where there is no Program Director engaged, the Program Manager will be the main driving force throughout the program, managing the stakeholders and program to mutual benefit. The Program Manager ensures the program goals are met by providing a decision-making capacity that cannot be achieved at the project level.
- Complete Global Transition Activities: Service Architecture/Documentation, Service, Desk Set up, GPMO Logistics Set Up, Service Rehearsals, Service Readiness Reviews, Portal Setup, SCOM Monitoring, Security Readiness, Hypercare.
- Delivers the program direction and vision as described by the business unit and customer
- Addresses the entire business change by shaping and inspiring the change journey
- Is responsible for ensuring the linkages are maintained between the program and the organization's strategic direction
- Manages both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Directs the Management of the production of plans for the delivery of the project/multiple projects in partnership with the customer and business area to ensure acceptance, closedown, and handover to service
- Has overall control of the program implementation, with personal responsibility for the program's achievement (when a Program Director is not engaged)
- Responsible for establishing the program, securing sufficient resources, and monitoring progress
- Manages business and program risks and ensures the production of an effective plan and risk assessment so that timescales and program costs are understood and underwritten by all the relevant stakeholders
- Identifies new business opportunities
- Ensures that formal review procedures are used
- Ensures that the impact on the business unit's Profit and Loss (P&L) due to program activities within the scope of the program is clearly visible and that all contingency usage is signed-off by the appropriate governance authority
- Is accountable for managing the tracking of program costs and supporting business units in meeting payment milestones
- Responsible for ensuring that the aims of the program and its associated projects continue to be aligned with evolving business needs of the customer (when a Program Director is not engaged)
- Ensures maximum efficiency in the allocation of common resources and skills within the program
- Ensures the delivery of new products or services from the projects to the appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the associated program plan/s
- Provides leadership and guidance to the program team/s as well as providing strategic direction and vision in accordance with that laid down by the Business Unit and customer
- Supports personal and professional development within program team/s and wider professional community
- Participates in assessment and recruitment processes
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.