IT Service Desk Analyst
Posted on Sep 15, 2021 by CV-Library
Do you have experience of 1st/2nd Line IT Support? Are you passionate about great customer service?
If “YES” then we want you!
The position of IT Service Desk Analyst involves:
* Being part of a Service Desk team, resolving reported incidents and fulfilling first and second line IT service requests on behalf of users based at multiple sites across the UK.
* Supporting and troubleshooting a wide variety of IT services and systems including line-of-business applications across Warehouse Management, Transport Management and Back Office.
* Supporting and deploying a range of IT hardware assets including PCs, Laptops, Mobile Devices, Warehouse Devices, Vehicle Technology and associated peripherals.
* Effectively communicating with users of all levels of seniority and IT proficiency by telephone, email and through our ITSM tool.
* Ensuring that all tickets are logged, prioritised and dealt with in line with agreed SLAs.
* Applying a customer-focused approach; taking ownership of tickets, keeping users informed of progress, understanding the business impact, seeking feedback and always striving to improve.
* Taking part in skills sharing and having a willingness to learn new systems and processes to ensure you can always support the business to the best of your ability.
* Helping to identify trends and working with Technology leadership team to eliminate preventable calls to the Service Desk, dealing with root causes, as well as increasing customer satisfaction.
* Monitoring systems and networks and escalating issues appropriately.
* Collaborating with and supporting other Technology functions to ensure new systems, updates and project deployments are effectively transitioned into the Service Desk for future support.
* Monitoring 3rd party suppliers to ensure they are operating within agreed SLA’s
* Participate in the Technology on-call rota, providing support to the business functions out of hours where required.
* Travel to Gregory Group locations across the UK as necessary.
Essential Skills of IT Service Desk Analyst required:
* Exemplary customer service manner, attitude, and approach.
* Demonstrable technical capability and confidence supporting multiple relevant services/systems including: MS Windows operating systems, MS Office applications, Active Directory Users/Groups, Office365, Mobile Device Management, Security, Remote Access (SSL VPN) – as well as IT hardware assets.
* Previous experience of working within a 1st/2nd line technical service role highly advantageous.
* Ability to interpret users, understand their issues and the business impact of them.
* Excellent time management and prioritising skills as well as an ability to work as part of a team.
* Due to the occasional travel required with this role, you will need to have a full UK driving licence.
Why Gregory Distribution?
Salary for IT Service Desk Analyst of between £23,000 and £26,000pa depending on experience – PLUS on-call allowance.
Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week with a shift rotation covering a 7:30am – 6:30pm service on weekdays and a 9:00am – 5:30pm service on Saturdays.
Excellent holiday allowance and company benefits.
Life assurance, pension and sickness scheme*
Additional holiday purchasing scheme*
Christmas Savings Club*
Black Circle Tyre discount*
Leading industry qualifications*
Mobile phone discounts*
Strong culture of team work.
So if you have the drive to be the best and want to be a part of a flourishing and ambitious company, apply now for this vacancy.
Please submit your application as soon as possible; due to the high volumes of applications we receive, and we reserve the right to close any adverts before the closing date once we have received sufficient applications.
The Gregory Group require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
Interested applicants for the IT Service Desk Analyst position should click the apply button below.
External Website Applications: You will be redirected to the Gregory distribution Website where you can apply for this vacancy. You will be asked to complete a short application form and will receive email confirmation when it has been submitted.
Note to recruitment agencies: We prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
*Subject to terms and conditions
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£22k - £26k Annual
£149 - £149 Daily
£25k - £30k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£18k - £21k Annual
£22k - £26k Annual
£14 - £15 Hourly
£24k - £26k Annual